MotoGP 2016

Soldato
For 2016, the 'full concessions' are as follows:
• The use of 9 engines per rider per season.
• Engines are exempt from the engine homologation regulations (development freeze).
• Teams may test with contracted riders and test riders at any time and any circuit, using the team's Test Tyre Allocation (120 tyres per rider).

We've summarised what that means for each manufacturer in the table below:

So, compared to the 2015 concessions, there will no longer be:
• 4 litres of extra race fuel. The new limit of 22 litres is midway between the old Factory limit of 20 and former Open class limit of 24.
• 12 engine changes per rider, while the old Factory limit for Yamaha and Honda was 5 engines.
• A softer rear tyre allocation. Coinciding with the start of the Michelin era, all competitors will get the same tyre options at each race.
• Different ECU software. Factory class, including those with concessions, could previously use their own bespoke software.

The system for removing or returning concessions will continue to be based on accumulating 'concession points' for podium finishes in dry or wet conditions:
• First place = 3 concession points.
• Second place = 2 concession points.
• Third place = 1 concession point.

If Suzuki or Aprilia reach 6 concession points during this season:
• Unlimited testing will be immediately cancelled.
• 9 engines per rider will continue to the end of the season, then drop to 7 for 2017.
• Exemption from the engine development freeze will continue until the end of the season, then be cancelled for 2017.

If Honda, Yamaha or Ducati fail to claim a single concession point in 2016:
• All riders using that manufacturer's machines will benefit from the full list of concessions in 2017.

No restriction on bikes per manufacturer:
• Previously, each manufacturer was limited to a maximum of 4 entries in the Factory class.
• For 2016, the only limit is a maximum of two entries in each Factory team. 'Manufacturers
may also lease motorcycles and equipment to Independent teams.'

Associate
2016 MotoGP World Championship calendar (provisional):

20 March Qatar* Doha/Losail
3 April Argentina Termas de Rio Hondo
10 April Americas Austin
24 April Spain Jerez de la Frontera**
8 May France Le Mans
22 May Italy Mugello
5 June Catalunya Barcelona - Catalunya
26 June Netherlands TT Assen
17 July Germany Sachsenring
14 August Austria Red Bull Ring
21 August Czech Republic Brno**
4 September Great Britain Silverstone
11 September San Marino & Riviera di Rimini Marco Simoncelli Misano
25 September Aragon MotorLand Aragon
16 October Japan Motegi
23 October Australia Phillip Island
30 October Malaysia Sepang
13 November Valencia Ricardo Tormo-Valencia

Man of Honour
This will be the first year I shall be intentionally missing MotoGP. I was a avid Rossi fan until that nonsense with Marquez last year and it really saddened me to see him stoop that low. With no-one else in the field that I really support there is little point in watching anymore.

Caporegime
I know it's all 'cream rises to the top' etc but I'd really like to see a bit of change on the grid. I know there are some different technical changes around ECU's but I'd really like to see some change in Riders and teams. Jorge go to Honda or Ducati, the Suzuki actually being a front running bike. There's been hardly any changes for several years now.

Soldato
OP
This will be the first year I shall be intentionally missing MotoGP. I was a avid Rossi fan until that nonsense with Marquez last year and it really saddened me to see him stoop that low. With no-one else in the field that I really support there is little point in watching anymore.

watch it because you like the sport , not for 1 person.
I started watching in 1975 and Barry Sheene was the main man for me.
when he retired in 84 I still watched it and it wasn't until Mick Doohan started racing in Gp's did I found someone to follow avidly, that was 7 years later.
same again when he retired in 99.

Marco Simoncelli would have celebrated his 29th birthday today (January 20). RIP

anyway back to MotoGP
OCTO Pramac Yakhnich 2016 bike

Last edited:
Caporegime
Lorenzo. Sadly. Wish they'd mix up the teams a bit. When Rossi retires, try and get Marquez from Honda or something. It's a four bike fight every year and it's getting boring at times. Sure the racing is ok sometimes but it's usually the same riders. Would like to see Dani give a really big push and actually do it though.

Associate
I wonder if Pedrosa can make a decent push for a title. He had a good 2nd half to the season after his surgery. I'd like to see him dicing at the front.

+1 for this. He was having a good battle towards the end of the season.

How do you think Crutchlow is going to get on?

Back
Top Bottom