F1 2016

Associate
Anyone else excited by this http://www.codemasters.com/game/f1-2016/

Create your own legend in F1™ 2016. Get ready to go deeper into the world of the most prestigious motorsport than ever before. F1 2016 is the official videogame of the 2016 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ and includes the full 2016 season calendar of 21 tracks, including the brand new Baku circuit in Azerbaijan, and the full roster of 22 drivers and 11 teams, including the new Haas F1 Team.

F1 2016 immerses you in not only the on-track excitement of a FORMULA ONE™ career, including the inclusion of the iconic Safety Car and also the Virtual Safety Car for the first time, but also uniquely offers the drama and vehicle development that goes on behind the scenes. Work with your agent, engineer and team to develop your car in the deepest ever career experience, spanning up to ten seasons. Forge your own path to glory, and rise to be the champion.

Deepest ever career mode – Create your own legend and go deeper into the world of Formula 1 than ever before with the ultimate career mode, spanning up to 10 seasons.

The most complete F1 experience ever – The inclusion of the safety car and virtual safety car adds to the on-track immersion.

Work with your agent & engineer – Brand new, fully voice-acted and captured agent and engineer guide you to glory.

Take part in our brand new practice programmes – Master each circuit with our track acclimatisation tests, test your tyres and hone your race strategy to perfection.

Time of Day Editor – Dramatically customise the visuals of your race experience.

Manual race starts – Race starts are more crucial than ever. Time your start right to launch from the grid perfectly and gain positions, but be wary of jumping the race start.

Formation Lap – Warm your tyres to an optimal temperature to maximise your race start with the formation lap.

Manual Pit Lane Entry – Minimise the time lost when pitting with the manual pit lane entry. Make sure you brake in time to avoid a penalty for speeding in the pit lane.

Multiplayer support for up to 22 drivers – Form a full grid of human players across the 21 circuits of the featured in the 2016 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™

Soldato
Not until I see the online system has improved, the whole lobby system they have been using for years is pants and puts you with a load of laggy foreigners and very slow. Far to much time waiting around.

And the clip I watched the other day still had most of the same voice over comms which is disappointing.

That all sounds very negative but 2015 was the last straw for me with the series, have preordered every F1 codemasters has made and I think 15 was the worst of the bunch.

Caporegime
F1 2010 was great and I played it a lot. Especially online with mates.

Buy the re-releases every year since have offers little reason to rebuy the same game over and over.

Soldato
I've bought a few of the F1 games over the years going right back to Geoff Crammond's classic - but in my opinion the inherent problem with F1 is the more realistic they become, the less fun they end up being!

F1 as a sport is about consistency and not making a single mistake over a lot of laps!

Additionally the team is a big part of a racer's success (pit stops, strategy etc) a lot of which is very difficult to "manage" during a race!

I seem to remember one F1 game a few years back that introduced "random" engine faults/failures - I has fought to lead the race and 2 laps from the end of the race the game decided now would be a good time for an engine failure!

Realistic - Yes but fun - not so much! :D

Soldato
Nice graphics does not maketh a decent sim.

You would be much better off buying Asseto Corsa and the recent "Red pack" that contains a Ferrari from this current Mercedes dominant era of F1, plus another from Vettel's domination years at Redbull.

For some reason, I've yet to explore custom car/track content in AC, but the official track list includes Spa, Monza and Redbull Ring.

smr

smr

Soldato
Yeah I've bought most of them in the vain hope that "this has got to be the one"... I'd say 2010 was the one I played on most, but all of the games suffer from terrible glitches, bugs and stupidity.

I'll wait to see what the reviews are like for this one but I don't hold hope anymore for them anymore.

Agreed about Geoff Crammond's though - absolutely loved them, they got "racing games".

Caporegime
I've bought a few of the F1 games over the years going right back to Geoff Crammond's classic - but in my opinion the inherent problem with F1 is the more realistic they become, the less fun they end up being!

Exactly that, who wants to use boring features they have in f1 these days, F1 97 was the last one I really enjoyed. More arcadey but still required consistency and a bit of set up.

All the other boring crap should be in an F1 manager type game. I'd rather play super monaco GP on the megadrive than all this dull rubbish.

Associate
I'll be getting it. I enjoyed last year's game (with the exception of the corner cutting). This year's game looks a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom