VM Superhub 3

Associate
Just had the Super Hub 3 installed today to replace the SH2 that was playing up and dropping connection to the internet.

Does anyone else have the SH3?

How does it do for wifi signal as I previously had the SH2 as modem only and an Asus AC68U installed for wifi - is that still worth doing or just rely on the SH3?

Look forward to some opinions, thanks

Soldato
as i said in the VM thread why don't you try it and see. nobody here can say if the hub 3 wifi will be better in your house than the SH2.

the performance is different in every house... if you get poor wifi with the hub 3 then just use the Asus AC68U again

if your on ARRIS CMTS then you may find issues when in modem mode like connection dropouts..

but as i said just try and see

Last edited:
Associate
I received my SH3 on Thursday and have it in modem mode with an Asus RT-N56U (Padavan firmware), no issues of note here. I play hours and hours of BF4 with no dropouts, the son plays TF2 and he's not been down complaining.

Soldato
Just as poor as the SH2 for Wifi dropouts. I can be connected by 5G, then suddenly no internet and / or network. Connect to the 2G and there is internet, but slowly drops its speed until no internet/network.

Once I put my "old" Dir-655 back in place and put the SH3 in modem mode, no more drops.

Associate
Had the SH2 and had connection drops same as you. Upgraded to SH3 and still have issues just less frequently. I also have WiFi issues occasionally so installed some homeplugs... these are more patchy than the WiFi but at least I can swap between the two depending on which one decides to play up :rolleyes:

Associate
I think i have the latest router from vm.

Ever since lightning hitting the house knocking sky tv and my broadband offline.

Got a new router from vm and ever since had over 70mbps on speed test and this is the 50mbps package i'm on.

I haven't experienced any drop outs though unless the router updates it's self.

I have no need to have mine on modem mode no problems what so ever.

Last edited:
Soldato
We have the super hub 3 but now and again our iphone and ipad can no longer connect to wifi and we have to reset the modem until it happens next time is there a cure anyone know

Associate
We have the super hub 3 but now and again our iphone and ipad can no longer connect to wifi and we have to reset the modem until it happens next time is there a cure anyone know

If you have another router, put the Super hub 3 into modem mode connect it and call it a day. These new routers are usually problematic first release until they iron out the bugs with firmware fixes

Associate
Just received two superhub 3's - one black, one white. (thanks to virgin not getting delivery dates correct and yodel being absolutely useless)
I just hope I don't have to go out and buy a separate router

Back
Top Bottom