Windows 10 defered updates build 1607

Associate
I'm currently on version 1511 of Win10 and have "Defer updates" enabled. Yesterday I saw win update downloading 1607 and now have the following 112MB folder on my c: drive
jkdm6q.jpg
Assuming this is the anniversary edition, how long until it installs itself?

Man of Honour
eh? It's been out for 7 months....

Some systems had/have significant driver issues with the AU update especially USB3 drivers which in some cases would kill the entire install after the update. AFAIK its solved or mostly solved now.

It was 3+ months after it was released before it was safe to update my tablet to 1607 (fortunately it was blocked on my device before it auto updated due to the severity of the issue with USB3 drivers on it).

Soldato
To be fair you're not wrong. We're on an agressive update at work (a key window for most organisations to follow) and MS release an update and bork the network stack. I think that happened with 1607 too. It's silly things like Win10 natting in Hyper-V. It's there one minute, then gone the next. Gaahhhh!!!

Soldato
I had an issue with the update, lost full day of work Friday.

Turns out it does not like triple monitor setup - had to roll back, then unplug 2 monitors. The install was ok after that, once into windows I could connect my remaining two monitors back.

Back
Top Bottom