Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
What's up with Podolski being linked with a move away? He did quite well last season, didn't he? Shouldn't be short of game-time either, with Oxlade-Chamberlain out injured.

Wouldn't mind him on loan at Newcastle, though.

Soldato
What's up with Podolski being linked with a move away? He did quite well last season, didn't he? Shouldn't be short of game-time either, with Oxlade-Chamberlain out injured.

I'm confused about this one my self. I like podolski, but the truth is he didnt do anythig remarkable last season. I think he is played out of position.

Soldato
This is worrying:

"Yes I'm confident that we'll make the signings we need because of the desire of the players to join us," he said

"There's also the fact that while we maybe don't have as much money as everybody writes, we have some funds available to do transfers."

Link

Maybe Arsenal do not have £70 million to spend? This would explain why we are trying to sell off or at least loan out Podolski.

Soldato
I'm still on the fence regarding Flamini. I liked him when he was at Arsenal, but now.... 5 years later?

I came accross a user reply on a forum:

"Flamini will be the symbol of Arsenals descent into mediocrity."

This is kind of how I feel. The fact we are saying wooo we have signed Flamini which s what we need. This just highlights how far our standards have dropped.

Last edited:
Soldato

Stupid if we do offload Podolski. He was one of our most effective forward players last season. He always works hard and tracks back a lot. Doesn't make sense.

Soldato
Hmm the Willian thing is a little frustrating. From my interpretation of what the tabloids are saying it seems Chelski are only in for him to stop Spurs getting him. That's madness!

Spurs to go in with a £20m bid for Cabaye then? :p

Caporegime
Podolski had multiple brilliant games, he got more assists than most people remember. He was poor or completely ignored when Gervinho played or Carzorla played on the wing. The particular way he plays is coming off the wing and playing one/twos with whoever is in the middle or upfront. Cazorla in the middle and Giroud upfront with good hold up play, all three looked fantastic. Gervinho upfront made Podolski look crap because Gervinho has the awareness of a turnip. Podolski's movement/runs get ignored and interplay died with the forehead on the pitch.

Wenger definitely started giving him less time towards the end of the season and despite looking great against City has barely been used in two games. I think he's got whats known as "winners" syndrome, certain players who seem to get on Wenger's bad side and get benched despite being great(Arshavin for instance) and I get the feeling its because they are guys who aren't afraid to say when we're doing things wrong. Gallas made bold statements to the press about what was wrong, Wenger took his captaincy and dropped him, we played like filth, he reinstated Gallas an entire game later and the team had a different and better attitude(for a while).

Isn't it a coincidence that those players who have won things before with other clubs seem to get vocal, then get dropped, then leave. Its almost like they know what Wenger is doing is wrong, while guys like Ramsey and Walcott both don't know how teams win properly, and are such pansies they would never speak out anyway.

Associate
I wish Spurs / Real would sort out this Bale thing out ASAP - I'm fed up with seeing his monkey head, greased back hair, "love symbol", hunched free kick stance, wannabe Ronaldo photo on every football web page.

Soldato
Isn't it a coincidence that those players who have won things before with other clubs seem to get vocal, then get dropped, then leave. Its almost like they know what Wenger is doing is wrong, while guys like Ramsey and Walcott both don't know how teams win properly, and are such pansies they would never speak out anyway.

That's not bad actually. You might be on to something there.

Associate
(Arshavin for instance)

In the beginning Arshavin was incredible (4 goals at Anfield). Towards the end, he was utterly dire.

So average it hurts. He didnt adjust off the field to life in London and it showed on the pitch towards the end.

Caporegime
In the beginning Arshavin was incredible (4 goals at Anfield). Towards the end, he was utterly dire.

So average it hurts. He didnt adjust off the field to life in London and it showed on the pitch towards the end.

He got 10 goals and 18 assists in the season Nasri got 11 goals and 1 assist... the latter got sold for 20+ mil and has since won the premier league, Arshavin was like Podolski, being dropped towards the end of his 10 goal 18 assist season, and barely got any starts the next year.

At NO stage was Arshavin ever crap, he was being made a scapegoat, he was EASILY our best creative player that season, but if Gibbs/Clichy/entire defence let in a goal but Arshavin conceded posession in the final third.... who got the blame, Arshavin somehow. Arshavin was by far and away our best attacking player that season(largely because Cesc was injured or carrying his hamstring injury and rarely got to his best.

At no stage since has he had either a run of games, been treated fairly, been given any confidence, he's still had some very good games since, just very few because he's played very very little.

Soldato
Wenger goes shopping!

BSDNslgCEAM7bmm-480x504.jpg

Soldato
He got 10 goals and 18 assists in the season Nasri got 11 goals and 1 assist... the latter got sold for 20+ mil and has since won the premier league, Arshavin was like Podolski, being dropped towards the end of his 10 goal 18 assist season, and barely got any starts the next year.

At NO stage was Arshavin ever crap, he was being made a scapegoat, he was EASILY our best creative player that season, but if Gibbs/Clichy/entire defence let in a goal but Arshavin conceded posession in the final third.... who got the blame, Arshavin somehow. Arshavin was by far and away our best attacking player that season(largely because Cesc was injured or carrying his hamstring injury and rarely got to his best.

At no stage since has he had either a run of games, been treated fairly, been given any confidence, he's still had some very good games since, just very few because he's played very very little.

sack wenger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom