Sort of a build. Bartop Arcade Marvel Themed

Associate
Sort of a build. Bartop Arcade Marvel Themed (update 24-12-16)

Wanted an arcade since I was a kid and now I'm turning 30 I thought it was about time I got one sorted out for myself.

I stole the plans off lifehacker and used them at work to get the wood cut into the shapes I needed. I then cut the side panels out with the template provided on my jigsaw. The only thing I would have done differently was cut the two side panels together instead of separately.

I then put it all together and test fitted the monitor and the computer parts

After that I cut the control panel out

And test fitted the buttons

I then wired my buttons into the board and hooked it up to the pc for testing

Next was cutting and fitting the plexiglass which I had cut to sis I just had to drill the holes for the control panel

I then made the marque which was pretty simple as I used a poster

I then started on the artwork. I did want to use vynil but I couldn't work out how to use photoshop and being on a budget couldn't pay anyone to make the art and the generic ones that allot of the suppliers use I didn't really like if I'm honest. So I used posters instead

I was going to use artwork on the inside of the cab but now it was all together I didn't really want to take it apart so I ended up buying a tester pot at work and using that to do black on the insides. Once that was done it was time to put the artwork on the sides again a poster. I'm pretty happy with how it came out I've also lacquered the sides for protection.

And that's how far I am.

I still have to fit the chrome trim I've got comming it's a double sided take affair as I don't have a router for t moulding unfortunately but I've seen a few guys use it and it looks pretty good. Also some feet and fix the screen in place and finish off the software sides of things which will take some time.

The computer I used was a
Q6600 intel @3.4
4GB DDR2
750gb hd
GTX 460 768mb
19" generic monitor.

It was taken from random builds I had laying about.

So far it's cost me £92

Hope you like it?

Chi.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Bit more done. Edge trim sorted bezel sorted and also starched the hd at the back and I've fully configured the hyperspin system.

Next up is to get a coin button and to fit the back panel and cut out the slots for the power cables and add a piano hinge.

Chi

Back
Top Bottom