My Raijintek Metis Plus Mini-ITX Case Build 'Full Circle'

Associate
OP
Stunning build you have done. How do you now rate the SFX-L 500W? Is it VERY quiet or not? Did you have to buy a shorter cable set for it?

SFX-L 500W very Quiet, the 0db fan doesn't spin at all for the first 10 to 30 mins depending on the case & temps at the time.
there are few 5-star reviews on the SFX-L 500W,

The Cables that come with the SFX-L 500W are all Flat & Black short, I also bought the short cable kit for the Normal full-Size ATX 700/850w Silverstone PSUs, they come with long black flat cables.
109HQjE.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Darren, i have heard some people complain that that psu makes a buzzing noise?

I am tempted to buy that case and the drill a big hole in the top for a 120mm fan (if it will fit) Cut it with a holesaw.

I wont be using a stand alone gpu for a little while though.

Associate
OP
Darren, i have heard some people complain that that psu makes a buzzing noise?

I am tempted to buy that case and the drill a big hole in the top for a 120mm fan (if it will fit) Cut it with a hole saw.

I won't be using a stand-alone GPU for a little while though.

Mine Don't have buzzing , if it did then RMA it,

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers Darren. I will use a hole saw and completely cut out a hole for a 120mm. Remove the top HD holder.

Would a low profile heatsink and fan be a good move?

As i said before, the only other issue is the PSU. Needs to be quiet really and modular because of small case size!

How easy was it to cut the holes in the side window?

Associate
OP
Cheers Darren. I will use a hole saw and completely cut out a hole for a 120mm. Remove the top HD holder.

Would a low profile heatsink and FAN be a good move?

As I said before, the only other issue is the PSU. Needs to be quiet really and modular because of small case size!

How easy was it to cut the holes in the side window?

1) How easy was it to cut the holes in the side window :
Drilling the holes was a nightmare if the drill bit locks up you run a big chance of cracking the window panel, if you do this place on wood & use a small drill bit first & maybe use drill Oil on the drill bit for a nice hole finish.
If I know how hard it is I would just drill fans holes on the top panel only.

2) CNPS8900 Quiet or Extreme low profile low profile heatsink and fan are fine & very quiet & one of the best low-profile fans out there, as seen on frostytech website ,
was £19.99/25.99 but now they are discontinued & sellers now want a lot of money.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks. 120mm hole in the top of my case.

No rear fan as i am still looking for a really quiet one! PSU fan facing the front. No Dedicated GPU as i dont game Really. Temps are dependent on room temp but hovers around 29-30.

I did try Serious sam demo and temp went up to 45. I have a Blue LED light in there which looks nice

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Update 12/06/2017 - New Updates Coming soon.

Modded the Top Front of panel to use a 120mm Fan
pv92TrX.jpg.png

Adding the Hardware to the Case
zdhBUNv.jpg.png

NwSvS7D.jpg.png

Modded Castle Themed Case Artwork on Front
Copyright: Marina Nechaeva, Thank you for letting me use this Stunning artwork.

Doing artwork on the case you will need the White Version, So easy & fun to do & as
you can see with 100% quality prints, Once printed on the sheet you cut to size then peel off & Place it on a case panel, Will stay on the case without coming unstuck & Also easy to peel off.

The worse way of doing artwork on a Case is spray Paint, Toxic & will not get the detail.
dTkUnwm.jpg.png

6hyLXsF.jpg.png

ywOCk39.jpg.png
Art Work Credit: Marina Nechaeva

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Update 12/06/2017
Modded Full Acrylic Window

zZp7g40.jpg.png

BbmytET.jpg.png

Note: The top Panel of Metis Case have another 2 silver screws each side After taking
the side Panels off, May make it even easy when using Thumbscrews
to drill the holes in the Acrylic sheets matching them holes instead of the original case side panels top holes,
that way you can screw each of the thumb screws into them holes saving you time/
Easy access to taking all 3 panels off.
Very useful when using thumb screws & Have both side Panels full Acrylic.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I suppose you drill some holes in the acrylic to aid ventilation? Maybe in a cool pattern?
Nope, Only Holes Drilled are for the 4 Thumb Screws, ventilation not needed on full window & would not really help anymore,
Got Top front fan & vented over the GPU A lot of air blowing down = positive air pressure inside the Case & Blow out back & through the Power Supply Unit exhaust :)

Not going to do any Patten, Leave it nice & clear.

Working on the next Mod ..Be around a week , Waiting for Hardware / Bits & Bobs to Arrive

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom