Dell U2715H or something else?

Underboss
I was original looking at the DELL U2713H but the bezel is still big, and nothing like my LED TV in this way

now ive seen the Dell U2715H has a thinner bezel

Will the DELL be suitable for my needs?

Hoping to do more gaming (FPS, space, RPG, racing games etc etc)

do a lot of internet stuff, some word and excel, but priority is gaming

anything else i should consider?

Soldato
I have a Dell U2515H.

Stunning monitor. I am currently looking to go double monitor and I am torn between another U2515H or the S2716DG, which is the 27" with G-Sync.

I am leaning towards that as it's 27", G-Sync and 1440p and 144Hz

Associate
The Acer XF270HU I just did not like the look of the stand, when looking for a 1440P screen.

I have the MG279Q for now, decent monitor, as long as you get a good one.

I'm on my 4th, 1st & 2nd had BLB to such a degree that I couldn't use a darker OS desktop wallpaper without noticing the BLB. This was with the monitor set to about 15 point brightness (default is 90) and under full room lighting in the room in evening. They also had pressure marks, 1st had larger than 2nd. 3rd was best on BLB, within 30 days developed dead pixels, strangely in a row ~2mm in a diagonal.

At this point contacted Asus support just to see what they would say compared with contacting etailer plus to express my thoughts on their QA. Pretty much not interested in forwarding any info to a dept within Asus to highlight QA feedback. Then also was told if I RMA'd with Asus it maybe a refurb monitor I receive with cosmetic marks from usage, so they said use your etailer as they should give you new one due to <30days of having unit.

4th is pretty good on BLB, not as good as 3rd but pretty decent anyhow. It has a pixel issue, which is livable with. Bottom right corner ~5cm up and 2cm in from bezel is what I can only describe as semi dark pixel, it's not fully dead but not functioning fully either.

Another thing is I believe these monitors still have firmware issue, see this thread and this one.

Prior to my shenanigans with MG279Q I was pretty happy with a Dell U2515H, best ever image quality IMO as it was 1440P @ 25", only thing that I wasn't happy with was the 60Hz refresh rate. Ample for many games but FPS ones did not feel right.

I think I got spoiled by the Eizo FG2421 I had prior to all above. TBH I wanted a VA 1440P 120Hz or up screen with FreeSync and as none available :( .

Good luck with your monitor purchase! ;) .

Back
Top Bottom