PARVUM APIS by JR23

Associate
OP
Cracking thread revival.....The 980's need to go though and a couple of 1080s to be their upgrade ;)

I think it will see one GPU upgrade before changing platform but probably not this generation unless some radical price wars take place. SLI 980's handle anything at 1440p so could only really justify changing them to go for 4k and then cards, blocks and a monitor quickly run over £2k. Plus it wouldn't look any different and that's all that really matters!

JR

Soldato
Lovely work as always - clearly missed it first time around. Really like the way you've got the res flush with the top.

If you can machine an EK res port to take standard fittings, why the *$%£ can't they just make them that way in the first place?! Much more sensible solution.

EVGA logo looks great on the front slightly embossed. Not sure what the layers behind it are like but for a future project, backlit would look good. The Aquaero has an RGB LED header which takes a single common cathode RGB LED - the more common type of 5mm through-hole (dome with legs) style. Would depend on whether you can get an LED in there neatly and still diffuse it nicely into all the letters - I suspect not as a retrofit but could be worth considering if you're doing another.
FYI: Farbwerk's can take 4 channels of RBG LED strips but if you want 5mm dome stlye LEDs, it can be done provided you get common anode (the rare type only found from China it seems) RGB LEDs and solder a bucket load of resistors on. If your CNC can go accurate enough, you could CNC a PCB from copper-clad board and then solder the LEDs through-hole (or get surface mount SMDs if you can find common anode) for support and to make the wiring easier.

Associate
OP
Lovely work as always - clearly missed it first time around. Really like the way you've got the res flush with the top.

If you can machine an EK res port to take standard fittings, why the *$%£ can't they just make them that way in the first place?! Much more sensible solution.

Presumably they counterbore the ports which they anticipate people won't want to use or could be mounted against a flat surface so their little plugs fit neatly inside, which I can completely appreciate. There is no way they could make all the counterbores big enough to fit every fitting but I agree it would at least be nice if they could make them 20mm to accept 10/12mm HD adapters or rotaries and then have the stop plugs made slightly bigger for that clean look. I guess ultimately though all these dimensions derived from a time when it was fashionable to use massive flexible hose and there was no hope of any fitting sitting neatly into a counterbored hole. Poor planning but I prefer the EK look because of it. I hate how they make it possible to only use the SLI terminals in one particular way though, I think that is one product which is completely spoiled by them.

Parvum have done some backlit logo's before, definitely on imersa's MSI ITX and Magnus, they do look great and would have worked well on this build too but originally it had the plain cut Parvum logo. The EVGA panel was added when they sponsored the PSU with a view to switching it back after it had been to a show but everyone preferred the extra detail that went into the EVGA logo.

JR

Back
Top Bottom