Coving - help

Soldato
Help me people.

So I had my flat rewired a year ago, and because it's a flat, they had to chase up the walls of the place and then connect it all together via within the flat (couldn't go through the ceilings because of there being a flat above.

So I'm left with these ugly strips of cabling in a plastic case across the walls. I'd like to make it look a bit nicer but from what I can tell, regular coving isn't going to be big enough. The cabling casing sticks out too far from the wall for it to fit.

Does anyone know of places that custom make coving or of a larger type than the usual.

Or give me some other ideas as to how I can hide it all. I shall post a pic of what I currently have.

:)

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
As above 100mm or 127mm should cover it, pop down to your local builders merchant and try and get a sample of each to check fit.

Or traditional plaster coving made to length with a suitable profile to cover.

Associate
Gyproc Cornice can be used it's a better profile than the normal coving and is cheap as chips, I think about £30 for 6off 3m legnths if memory serves.

http://www.british-gypsum.com/products/gyproc-cornice

if the profile isn't deep enough you can bespoke the install by screwing battens/skirting/architrave to the wall and ceiling to make up your own unique install/profile, like this for example:

C990-Bromley-deep-cove-with-wall-and-ceiling-mouldings-400x400.jpg

Back
Top Bottom