Whats up with UK pricing?

Soldato
Haven't we paid 1:1 for tech for ages? Or at least close to. I think the last time it was worth loading up suitcases in the US was pre 08'.

Been like it for years where have you been hiding ?

Decades...

Ripoff Britain, been like this forever.

It's not a new thing.

It's been a pretty much $1 to £1 conversion on hardware for as long as I can remember, it's nothing new.

Nope, It's always USD price plus VAT then give or take 5%. If it was always 1:1 with USD then we'd be paying significantly more than 1:1 now given how historically weak the pound is compared to the US dollar currently. $1.2 to £1 plus VAT now gives us roughly 1:1 and it's because of the the vote to leave the EU. The pound tanked straight away to historical lows.

Last edited:
Associate
its poo the pricing im in need of a new pc its crazy how the i5 is like £100 more than what i paid for my i5 when I got mine ive then got to upgrade to ddr4 to spend more on that then find a motherboard thats good since the new ones are expensive I dont want to cheap out and then be stuck on the same boat as I am now with my usbs dying

Blame amd for that :p

Associate
Americans have tax added at the point of sale. So depending on their State tax rate they'll be paying 8-15% more than the advertised price.

Back
Top Bottom