**NEW DER8AUER DELID-DIE-MATE 2**

Associate
yes i would prefer to pay a little more then have a better tim

my skylake 6700 runs super cool and clocks up to 5ghz with no heat issues.

this having to delid a 7700 just to run decent temps seems silly and shows intels shortsight on this subject

I think there's more to this that being "shortsighted".

When you're clever enough to design and produce these CPUs, why would you not bother about the thermal paste you're using ?

Associate
yes it is more then i know, just seems strange that so many are having to do this to get lower temps

seems a hot chip, where my 6700 runs higher then the 7700 i have here and is yet much cooler

i am sure there is a good reason as you say

Associate
Accountants > Engineers ?

The accountants should listen more to the engineers. They'd realise that sometimes a slight increase in cost would lead to much happier customers. And guess what much happier customers leads to ?

Last edited:
Soldato
I would honestly rather pay OcUK an extra £10~15 to delid for me.

But OCUK would probably break 1 in 20 of them and end up having to spend more on replacements. TBH I would only delid outside of warranty as I wouldn't want to lose it for that extra 200mhz.

OcUK Staff
Intel do research the TIM they use, they have there reasons for using what they do. I discussed both at Intel hq and at Kabylake launch with them that they should make the reasons public. Then it would stop all this they don't care attitude as that is not true.

Soldato
Intel do research the TIM they use, they have there reasons for using what they do. I discussed both at Intel hq and at Kabylake launch with them that they should make the reasons public. Then it would stop all this they don't care attitude as that is not true.

But then why do the chips run better when modded? Shouldn't it come like this standard? Sandy Bridge runs so much cooler than Ivy mostly because of this reason :(

Nice price, waiting for these to show up across the pond now myself.

Makes a change for it to be this way around! ;)

Associate

I can only think it's something to do with marketing, or maybe they use a paste that has a longer working life than other pastes. Or maybe they have a vested interest in delid tools. :D

Soldato
On the Overclock.net forums you'll find that there's only a small handful of TIMs that actually beat Intel's. People have used decent TIMs like MX5 and whatnot and experienced worst temperatures as a result. Of course delidding and replacing it with a liquid metal compound that has 7 or 8 times greater thermal conductivity than the very best TIM is going to produce favourable results.

Soldato
I would honestly rather pay OcUK an extra £10~15 to delid for me.
you mean £50-100 right? because thats how much a delided and binned cpu is from them :confused: its not going to be cheaper for someone else to do it then you to do it yourself. Like saying i could buy these parts for my car and fit them myself for £250 but i would rather pay the local garage £50-100.................. but your local garage are charging you 10% mark up on parts +labor.

Back
Top Bottom