Which Radiator 480s!

Associate
I've just acquired a lovely Phanteks Primo case which is allowing me to have 2 x 480 radiators (limited bottom to 125mm width) so I wanted some opinion on which rads I should fit out of the ones i can find less than 125mm width.

Basically I'd like to keep them both the same type (as at the top can have a normal sized one.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £283.92
(includes shipping: £0.00)

Out of the above which do you think i should use?

PS i already have 2 x CG240s in my current loop which i might also add to this setup.

Caporegime
Well i have the same case and I managed to fit a Nemesis Black Ice GTX in the roof which is 54mm thick and a Mayhems Havoc 360 (a 480 would fit too) which is 63mm thick.

You can fit the thickest you can in the floor, even the 80mm thick mayhems monsta rad!

You just have to watch out for not going too wide. My mayhems is listed as 127mm wide and it fits (just but really tightly)

So a lot depends for the roof as to which moboboard you have and what cpu cooler you as to how much space you have.

Also depends on whether you are going single fan (pull or push) or pull/push combo as that will restrict your space.

And nothing wrong with getting different rads, I went for the best and biggest I could fit!

Wel not quite true, I which i had fitted a monsta in the floor now but with mayhems havocs been on offer at £30 it was too cheap to miss esp since they come with rad blitz and flushing fluid which costs £14 as a kit from ocuk on its own.

I use http://www.xtremerigs.net/ and http://thermalbench.com/ to decide which radiator is best (depending on slow fans for quiet or medium to fast fans for performance).

They give you exact dimensions on there as well so easy to draw up a short list.

Last edited:
Associate
I have this. Is it among the most efficient of the 480 class?
Hardware labs black ice gtx 480. It fits on top of my Phanteks enthoo primo but not on bottom. Which 480 rad to choose for bottom?

Associate
So basically , I've got the HW black ice gtx 480 130-135mm wide, thus I need 125mm at most. which 60-60+ mm thickness 480 rads fall into that category? and which is the best?

Soldato
I have an AX360 on mine, which is 128mm wide, it is a tight fit...
I even managed to squeeze it between an EX240 on the front and an AX120 on the back with 2mm to spare :D

I also have a 480rad on the top.

Associate
If u like low fan noise go for black ice sr1 or sr2, lower fpi lower fans speed required to push air trough, got 2x560 sr1 in my case and fans barely spins at idle :)

Back
Top Bottom