Samsung 24" and 27" CFG70 144 Hz / 34" CF791 100Hz VA FreeSync

Soldato
C24FG70 24" 1920x1080 VA 144Hz FreeSync >> http://displaysolutions.samsung.com/business-monitor/detail/1033/C24FG70

C27FG70 27" 1920x1080 VA 144Hz FreeSync >> http://displaysolutions.samsung.com/business-monitor/detail/1048/C27FG70

C34F791 34" 3440x1440 VA 100Hz FreeSync >> http://displaysolutions.samsung.com/business-monitor/detail/1032/C34F791

oKoPm2T.png

VR-ZONE | Posted: 18th August 2016 said:
Samsung has announced a new monitor aimed at gamers after a really long time. The new C24FG70 is a curved VA monitor with AMD FreeSync support and a high 144Hz refresh rate. The variable refresh rate range is currently unknown but we expect it to be 48 – 144Hz.

The 24” monitor features an extreme 1800R curvature, similar to other recent curved monitors that Samsung launched earlier this year. It uses a 24” SVA panel with 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution, 3000:1 static contrast ratio, 1ms response time, 178/178 degree viewing angles, 8-bit colors with 125% sRGB color gamut, and a Quantum Dot flicker-free backlight.

Like a number of new monitors on the market, Samsung’s C24FG70 comes with a “Low Blue Light” mode and an Eye Saver Mode to reduce eyestrain when viewing the monitor for long periods of time. The funky stand of the monitor allows for height, tilt, swivel, and pivot adjustments. There is also a sound interactive LED ring at the back, which pulses with the sound being played. On the connectivity front, the monitor comes with 2 HDMI ports, DP 1.2a and a 3.5mm audio jack.

Some further information can be found on this press release. The monitor has first been shown off at Gamescom, where an October release has been given with a €449 RRP.

CxX55F1.png MtuMM2j.png
Source

Read more: PCMonitors.info

Last edited:
Associate
Whilst they're probably right to be somewhat sceptical about the 1ms response time, the fact that Samsung have waited this long to do a 144hz VA panel, or another 144hz monitor at all, after they stopped 3 odd years ago, probably means they've made significant progress. I expect this will be much more responsive than all previous VA panels ... and perhaps more so than any IPS.

Given that OLED monitors seem like a forlorn hope now, until early next year, I might well pick one of these up.

Associate
Bring me a 27" QHD version and I'll there all the money's at you.

QHD at 28 or 29" would be awesome .. but I don't think it's going to happen for a little while. I expect they're keeping the resolution low to keep responsiveness high.

Soldato
There's a 27" G-SYNC variant in the pipeline as well, but I believe it will just be Full HD. Nice to see Samsung back in the high refresh rate game though as pmc25 says. And hopefully they've pulled off something special with the responsiveness - the S34E790C wasn't bad in that respect despite being 60Hz, so it's possible.

Associate
Would much prefer the 1920x1080 at 24" tbh.

Btw my Korean source said there WILL be Samsung OLED monitors in a similar time frame with the TVs, possibly launched at the same time. I hope they're right ... (they were right about timing of re-entry of Samsung to big panels, before it was announced).

Soldato
Would much prefer the 1920x1080 at 24" tbh.

Btw my Korean source said there WILL be Samsung OLED monitors in a similar time frame with the TVs, possibly launched at the same time. I hope they're right ... (they were right about timing of re-entry of Samsung to big panels, before it was announced).

Samsung have already announced that they will not resume OLED production for large panels (TVs, monitors) and instead go the QLED route - http://english.etnews.com/20160524200003. So that seems unlikely.

Permabanned
There is no strobing with Freesync but there is an option on G-Sync monitors right pcm2? To be honest after putting in some serious time with 1080p 24 inch i think anything bigger is too big unless it is ultrawide.

Nice panel though DSR x4 3840x2160 @ 144hz on a VA will be fantastic if my Eizo is anything to go by. Im honestly having a blast 1080p MSAA 8x aint bad either these are the kind of panels i want to see in OLED none of this 27" TV territory rubbish!

Soldato
There is no strobing with Freesync but there is an option on G-Sync monitors right pcm2? To be honest after putting in some serious time with 1080p 24 inch i think anything bigger is too big unless it is ultrawide.

Nice panel though DSR x4 3840x2160 @ 144hz on a VA will be fantastic if my Eizo is anything to go by. Im honestly having a blast 1080p MSAA 8x aint bad either these are the kind of panels i want to see in OLED none of this 27" TV territory rubbish!

Yeah, provided the refresh rate is sufficient then ULMB is supported as an alternative to G-SYNC on 'G-SYNC' monitors. Samsung may have some sort of alternative strobe backlight technology (the product pages aren't up yet), but I don't want to get anybody's hopes up as nothing of that sort has been confirmed. :)

Associate
Samsung have already announced that they will not resume OLED production for large panels (TVs, monitors) and instead go the QLED route - http://english.etnews.com/20160524200003. So that seems unlikely.

I simply don't believe that ... they'll have nothing to fight a wave of increasingly cheap LG (and possibly Sharp / Foxconn) big panel OLEDs for 2-3 years. Weeks earlier it was pretty much confirmed they would be re-entering in 2017.

QLED (I assume they mean emissive quantum dot - emissive quantum dot is not an LED) may be their long term plan for big panels, but I don't see how they don't get there without losing the mid and high end to LG almost entirely if they don't do their own OLED TVs.

Associate
Now in stock in EU and US.

Only those weird scam sites listing it in the UK, so far.

Perhaps this isn't being brought into the UK as nothing on OCUK or other legit retailers.

Last edited:
Associate
ugh still nothing. Ive been spamming the websites so much I noticed google tracking me (you have visited this website 10 times).

There seems to be stock in pc world business website if anyone here is brave enough to take one for the team, as the market seems unwilling (or unable) to give professional reviews for months on end.

Some youtube videos are there, but its just tests (pointless ones mind you) and no real personal reviews. I managed to track one kKrean review, but its drivel, the reviewer got it free from samsung and he spends half the review grovelling and thanking Samsung and saying its "amazing" with no specifics.

What I gathered Free sync range is 70-144hz so sounds kinda redundant.

Back
Top Bottom