Gigabyte Aero 14

Associate
I'm in the market for a new laptop, took a look around, the 1060 version appears to either be new or just coming to market, unfortuently overclockers uk are not selling it and only scan have preorders at the moment, 1700.

Wondering if overclockers uk might be stocking it? Or anyones experiences with the older version with 9th gen graphics

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I'm in the market for a new laptop, took a look around, the 1060 version appears to either be new or just coming to market, unfortuently overclockers uk are not selling it and only scan have preorders at the moment, 1700.

Wondering if overclockers uk might be stocking it? Or anyones experiences with the older version with 9th gen graphics

Asked the same question a few days ago... no replies from anyone regards potential stock @ overclockers

sorry caballist, we must have missed your enquiry.

Unfortunately we have only had limited quantity of the 10 series AERO14, and its therefore not going to be available at OcUK because the production was very limited.

We weren't aware of this constraint when the product was ranged with the competitor.

Hope that helps.

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hey Atom80 - thnx for the reply

Your response does raise a couple of extra questions though...

1) will there be more of this particular model produced ?
2) will there be more of the same form factor with different components ?

The 14" form factor that can pass as a 'business' machine, large battery and decent gfx are a bit of a killer combination for me.

TIA

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hey Atom80 - thnx for the reply

Your response does raise a couple of extra questions though...

1) will there be more of this particular model produced ?
2) will there be more of the same form factor with different components ?

The 14" form factor that can pass as a 'business' machine, large battery and decent gfx are a bit of a killer combination for me.

TIA

Hi caballist,

1) Apart from the limited quantity we referred to in previous post, no, there wont be further production of this exact specification.

2) YES the chassis/form-factor and design will remain part of our product line-up next year, and when applicable will have new generation components.

Hope that clarifies for you,

Anything further questions please let us know.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep

Asked the same question a few days ago... no replies from anyone regards potential stock @ overclockers

Hi again folks,

Further to yesterdays post, things have changed slightly and OcUK now have the black version with GTX1060 gpu ranged and set up for pre-order.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...-intel-i7-6700hq-gaming-laptop-lt-07p-gi.html

Couriers permitting, stock should be with them on Monday,

Hope that helps.

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi Atom, preordered one of these myself, is Monday still the scheduled arrival date? Also, would you happen to know what SSD it comes with?

Thanks!

Associate
Just got a shipping notification email for my order... So they're in stock as of Monday afternoon.

Thanks for the headsup on this one Atom80 :)

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Sounds good, although 1.7k is steep considering last model was only 1.4k for same spec (at the time with the 965m)

HI Ireheart,

The previous gen was priced @ £1,499 and had a GTX970m gpu with 3GB vRAM.....

There was a version @ £1,399 but this had a 256GB SSD, not 512GB as installed in the above mentioned unit.

The unit now available (V6) has the 512GB SSD on board, and comes with a GTX1060 gpu, but with 6GB vRAM.

So double the vRAM, and the very tangible step up in performance offered with the new Pascal 10 series graphics chips.

IN addition the first version was pre BREXIT, so we have as a UK market experience a full 10% increase in our cost.

For the form factor, design quality, build quality, battery performance and performance specification offered, we believe this price still represents value for money.

Hope that clarifies and assists in some way.

Best Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom, preordered one of these myself, is Monday still the scheduled arrival date? Also, would you happen to know what SSD it comes with?

Thanks!

Hi cv07,

Stock arrived today :eek:

Regarding SSD do you mean the brand and model?

Let us know and we will confirm with HQ for you.....

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi cv07,

Stock arrived today :eek:

Regarding SSD do you mean the brand and model?

Let us know and we will confirm with HQ for you.....

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

thanks, apparently I'll receive it tomorrow :D

yes, would be good to know out of curiosity although I guess I can find out (it does say NVMe in the description which is why I'm wondering)

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
thanks, apparently I'll receive it tomorrow :D

yes, would be good to know out of curiosity although I guess I can find out (it does say NVMe in the description which is why I'm wondering)

@cv07

The NVME drive is a "LITEON CX2-8B512"

Wow, thanks cabalist - where did you source the information?????

You are correct, thanks!

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
@Atom80 : dad my Aero 14 for a couple of hours now... poking into bits of it.

On another note Atom, I'm going to downgrade to Windows 7 - I'm under the impression I need the Windows 10 Pro product key to do so when I have to phone MS support. Cannot find any sign of a product key on the machine or in the packaging. Can you advise as to where I might find it ?

TIA

Associate
@Atom80 : dad my Aero 14 for a couple of hours now... poking into bits of it.

On another note Atom, I'm going to downgrade to Windows 7 - I'm under the impression I need the Windows 10 Pro product key to do so when I have to phone MS support. Cannot find any sign of a product key on the machine or in the packaging. Can you advise as to where I might find it ?

TIA

thanks caballist! seems like a decent drive, the US customers are getting older ones it seems

got mine today but had to RMA it (courier dmg, no fault of OCUK), what are your thoughts on it so far?

Associate
There's a small amount of bloatware (adobe/cyberlink) nothing major. Very nice screen, keyboard feels really good (although there's no CAPS lock light - seems to be a theme with Gigabyte laptops). Base frame is very sturdy with a couple of clicky points around the plastic trim near the usb ports. Lid movement is firm but it doesn't flex the screen when opening/closing - though you can bend the lid quite easily by pushing the corners alternate directions.

Not going to be able to comment much further until I can get rid of Windows 10 - MS really lost the plot after W7.

Associate
caballist, what are your thoughts so far?

tbh, aside from the slight backlight bleed at the bottom, I'm impressed. quiet when needed, kept cool otherwise, build feels nice etc...
the fans do get loud on max setting (although I havent had a gaming laptop in a while so unsure how it compares to others) but you cant hear them when idle, which is the most important for me.

Back
Top Bottom