Tempted to get back into DC Projects

Associate
No, this is not a ghost of many Christmas's past that you see before you, just someone who is tempted to get back into some DC projects in a small way for now and there could only be one team that I could contemplate joining. :)

I'm currently setting up a couple of servers, one for a NAS and one as a fairly meaty DB server. As I won't need to use them too heavily most of the time, it makes sense to run a DC project or two on them.

My NAS is going to be an old Supermicro Dual Opteron, but I intend to run FreeNAS on this, so may have to get a bit clever with configuration if I want to run a DC project or two.

My DB server is a better candidate though. This currently is a quad Opteron with dual core processors and 16GB RAM, but hex core 2.6GHz processor are on the horizon for this one in the new year.

So what's the favourite DC projects for the team at the moment? I am tempted to go back into Folding, as I have a good history in this, but I'm open to logical suggestions.

All the best

Soldato
Folding is best left to gpus these days and some boinc is best for cpus. Idk which projects would suit your cpus best but I'm sure other people with more experience would :)

PDW

PDW

Associate
We don't have any specific BOINC projects as a team unless there is a challenge we are currently engaged in.

Here is the list of our team's projects at Free-DC stats site http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=teambycpid&team=OcUK+-+Overclockers+UK
You can see which ones are being worked on, there are other ones that don't appear in these stats though.

Do you have any preferred areas of interest you'd like to contribute towards (space, aliens, maths, bio/medical, other) ?

Sorry, no idea what would work best for those machines, someone else with similar or experience of them might be able to help.

Welcome back :)

Back
Top Bottom