Associate
Wow! This looks a beast. :cool:

pg27uq_front.jpg

rog_swift_pg27uq_back.jpg

144hz
G-Sync
HDR
Quantum-Dot Display Technology

Wonder if this will come in at under £1500...

Associate
was waiting for it, hope it will be released soon in USA....

gtx 1080 ti sli

this baby

and new kaby lke system

for this already reserved 5000$ hope it will be enough

Associate
Are Asus monitors designed to look like a toy from the 90s now :D. Grinds my teeth knowing paying extra for that pointless rubbish. Would think they would get a hint with tv displays being simple and clean looking these days and looking fantastic.

Seems like monitors are jumping straight to 4k now with 1440p being skipped.

Reading elsewhere that this is an IPS.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Seems like monitors are jumping straight to 4k now with 1440p being skipped.

Yup, monitors went from 1080p straight to 4k with 1440p not existing at all.

/s

This baby will be £1500 *easy* with it possibly hitting nearly £1700 at launch with low initial numbers :eek:

Jesus I'm getting out of PC gaming, too rich for my blood!!!! :o

Caporegime
The sad thing is, it most likely will be at least £1500 :o If anyone does actually consider this for £1500, do yourselves a favour and get a LG OLED 4K HDR 55" TV and embrace the superior IQ.

Associate
Yup, monitors went from 1080p straight to 4k with 1440p not existing at all.

/s

This baby will be £1500 *easy* with it possibly hitting nearly £1700 at launch with low initial numbers :eek:

Jesus I'm getting out of PC gaming, too rich for my blood!!!! :o

:confused: Did mention "now", how you would conclude i'd said 1440p was skipped entirely is beyond me. 4k is becoming more common than 1440p in newer releases.

Last edited:
Soldato
The sad thing is, it most likely will be at least £1500 :o If anyone does actually consider this for £1500, do yourselves a favour and get a LG OLED 4K HDR 55" TV and embrace the superior IQ.

You need to stop comparing apples to oranges. Not everyone wants a 55" screen on their desk. Not everyone wants to be limited to 60Hz. Some users want G-SYNC as well. OLED technology is great and everything, but the current TVs with the technology are in no way direct replacements for the PC monitors on the desks of most users.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Are any of the monitor manufacturers listening to us? We've been shouting for 4k at 32" minimum for a while now. Total dealbreaker at 27".
And look at dat bezel. Asus tax becomes ugly tax.

Associate
Hmm doesnt mention anything about being IPS/PLS or TN; unless quantum dot carries IPS/PLS with it.

But those the specs are mind-blowing, cant say that about the stand though - i personally dont like it, prefer the stand on my PG279Q

Soldato
Hmm doesnt mention anything about being IPS/PLS or TN; unless quantum dot carries IPS/PLS with it.

But those the specs are mind-blowing, cant say that about the stand though - i personally dont like it, prefer the stand on my PG279Q

More information still forthcoming, although I believe this to be an IPS-type (AU Optronics AHVA) panel. This was simply a leak of an early press release. As Baddass said it will likely be showcased at CES and more information will come to light then. The Quantum Dot element is just a backlight and does not influence the panel type used.

Back
Top Bottom