Laptop that will play Overwatch at 120hz Or 144hz??!

Associate
Hi,

I only really play Overwatch and I'd like to get a laptop so I can play while i'm on the road.

Which laptops would you recommend on a fairly conservative budget that could play it at 120hz? I don't want to fork over for a 1080 GTX ideally.

For bonus points..any laptops that could run it at 144hz?

Thanks everyone.

Associate
Hi,

I only really play Overwatch and I'd like to get a laptop so I can play while i'm on the road.

Which laptops would you recommend on a fairly conservative budget that could play it at 120hz? I don't want to fork over for a 1080 GTX ideally.

For bonus points..any laptops that could run it at 144hz?

Thanks everyone.

Any laptop with a GTX 980M or better GPU will running at 120fps on high settings. A laptop such as the one in my sig will run it on ultra settings at average of 130fps. A GTX 1080 will run it in ultra at ~200fps. All based on a 1080p panel.

Hz is a monitor refresh rate.

I would recommend the AORUS X5V6 with 120Hz screen and GTX 1070. It's a slick machine and very fast. My review on it here :https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18764426

Associate
Great suggestion for a laptop. Just be aware of one of two things: A new version 7 model is due to be made available soon with Kaby lake processor and a few other tweaks such as thunderbolt ports if these things are of interest to you. The other thing is that when the new model is released I would expect to see prices of the outgoing version 6 model to drop slightly to shift remaining stock....

Either machine would be excellent but I thought it would be prudent to highlight the above.

Back
Top Bottom