A new AOC superwide curved Gsync monitor.

Man of Honour
Be interesting to see what the input latency and actual pixel response is like - 100Hz G-Sync and that resolution could be nice.

Associate
Saw this too on Pc monitors site.

100hz native panel (not 60hz overclocked) less garish looks and more reasonable price. Interesting to see how this stacks up when reviewed.

Best

Wulf

Soldato
I would be intrigued to see how this fares in a head to head against the X34/PG348Q.

Won't VA suffer from some nasty blurring? I've been seeing that complaint leveled against the recent Samsung VA ultrawide.

Caporegime
Probably be very similar to the micro board and Samsung 34" VA 100HZ screen.

The "smearing/trailing" that people refer to on VA screens seems to only happen when on dark scenes, unfortunately that is the price you have to pay if you want a monitor with great black depth & a high contrast ratio :(

Associate
VA tend to be a bit slower than IPS too on the old input lag front, but nothing too big. A fast VA is still faster than an average speed IPS.

Man of Honour
VA tend to be a bit slower than IPS too on the old input lag front, but nothing too big. A fast VA is still faster than an average speed IPS.

One of my concerns is - my experience with the AOC more bleeding edge offerings like this seem to be a little let down by the firmware on what would be an otherwise decent monitor - i.e. twice the input latency compared to other brands using the same panel or some slightly incorrect timings and/or some issues with power management causing popping or other oddities. Which I can only put down to being a software issue as in some cases there are other monitors that use pretty much identical hardware and don't have those issues.

Associate
Would this be the same panel that is in the upcoming HP Omen X 35"? I think the Omen X specs listed an 1800r curve but otherwise the specs are indentical

Associate
ok, it's not VA, it's MVA panel. Which is a little better :) Checked the AOC website product page - really should get into this habit...

Last edited:
Associate
IPS is the way forward, can't commit to a TN or VA panel

In my eyes, VA > IPS > TN for gaming/media use when it comes to image quality with IPS only better if you are doing colour critical work. Of course the biggest issue with VA has been the response times but if they can sort that out (like the did with IPS) then it will be superior.

Caporegime
The latest VA gaming panels have great response time and input lag now, matching/beating most of the top end IPS monitors. Only area where motion clarity is still a problem is on dark scenes, so it is just a case of pick your poison, either;

- 3000:1 + contrast ratio with great black depth, zero glow but slight contrast shift and smearing in dark scenes

or

- better viewing angles and more consistent motion in all areas/scenes but with lesser contrast ratio + IPS glow and likely some back light bleed

Personally give me the high contrast ratio and lower black depth of VA screens over IPS any day of the week. A 1000:1 contrast ratio really is pitiful.

Soldato
Where is the Freesync version of this?????????????????

(If you see their rep around here, grab him and hold him hostage until they release Freesync one). :D

And NO the 2560x1080 is NOT the same as 3440x1440, if someone points at the AG352QCX

Back
Top Bottom