Please Help. U2715 or PG279Q or Wait.

Associate
I have been struggling with this for a while and hope someone can help me make a decision.
I currently have a dell u2412m for a while and would my new monitor to last equally 4-5years. I just got a 1070 last year so would like a 1440p monitor. I have narrowed my options to
1) Dell U2715H (1 Pixel guarantee, just no g-sync)
- Dell 2716DG (I hate the gamma shift and washed out colours)
2) Asus PG279Q
3) Wait

-I really want the PG279Q and having used one it was pure heaven, that connected feeling with g-sync on and v-sync off really made me enjoy the games on it so much more, aiming exactly where I wanted. However I'm just petrified of it developing dead pixels with it being so much money and having saved along time for this for it to go wrong. I don't play fast paced online competitive games very often mainly story based games (The Witcher, Tomb Raider, Fallout, Resident evil, Mass Effect) some Civ, some indie games so the 144hz wont always benefit me fully however having it there when playing for example Battlefield or Crisis etc.. would be really nice but the v-sync off for mouse movement and g-sync on for fps fluctuation is really what I'm after. Would there be less chance of it getting dead pixels if I ran it at 60hz on desktop and then 60-120hz on games that don't really benefit from it and what are the chances of it developing dead pixels over time. I'm worried this would be constantly in my mind the whole time. It is such a horrible feeling. A friend had his pg279q develop a dead pixel 14days after using it luckily he managed to get a replacement. You read all the stories about bad experiences with this monitor and similar ones developing bad pixels I wonder if its because its being overclocked to 165hz. Just love to know all the people who's are going strong after a year or so.

-If I get the Dell U2715 its literally half the price and I've have that extra money for a theoretical 1170 or similar in the future and piece of mind with a dead pixel guarantee, even thou I haven't got what I really want I probably would still be looking or keeping my eye out.

Any help, thoughts , guidance or even a slap would really be appreciated.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Subscribed to this thread. I am just about to order a gtx 1070 for a 1440p gaming rig

Wanted the G Sync 2417DG, until someone suggested the U2515H

Back
Top Bottom