Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

Man of Honour
They've done this on most of their models and think it was always down to screen size and the fact that the others were aluminium enclosed and so they wanted to keep heat output a little lower too

Associate
OP
A question for the hazro guys: What made you decide to go down the route of a power adaptor rather than a simple kettle lead directly into the monitor? I hate power adaptors :(
A question for the hazro guys: What made you decide to go down the route of a power adaptor rather than a simple kettle lead directly into the monitor? I hate power adaptors :(

External SMPS actually cost more but there are 3 reasons: heat, thickness and analog noise. Shielding interface cables is expensive and doesn't always work. Most, if not all, medical and industrial monitors feature external adapters for these reasons. Final reason is rma: replacing adapters is quicker and cheaper.

Soldato
Although potentially 'unlocking' the ability to support stereoscopic 3D gaming, I don't think we will see the same kind of responsiveness benefits that people have been enjoying as a kind of 'secondary effect' of 120Hz TN panel monitors. I wrote a little bit more about that here. I'd love to be proved wrong but it would take development of the technology above and beyond what exists today for 120Hz IPS to offer the kind of 2D experience gamers are after.

Associate
External SMPS actually cost more but there are 3 reasons: heat, thickness and analog noise. Shielding interface cables is expensive and doesn't always work. Most, if not all, medical and industrial monitors feature external adapters for these reasons. Final reason is rma: replacing adapters is quicker and cheaper.

I appreciate the decision you took with external SMPS - it just makes sense to keep a part that can cause complete failure outside of the monitor body.

I am slightly concerned about the 4pin DIN plug in the consumer market. Lots of people I know just plug things in to find out how they fit. Since a 4pin DIN plug can be plugged in upside down (not all the way, but enough to make contact) there could be reverse polarity damage.

60px-DIN-4b_Diagram.svg.png

Does the monitor have reverse polarity protection to stop people blowing them up (I guess something like a diode over the power input). If not, perhaps you could consider using a non symmetrical power pin layout for your future consumer products.

Associate
Although potentially 'unlocking' the ability to support stereoscopic 3D gaming, I don't think we will see the same kind of responsiveness benefits that people have been enjoying as a kind of 'secondary effect' of 120Hz TN panel monitors. I wrote a little bit more about that here. I'd love to be proved wrong but it would take development of the technology above and beyond what exists today for 120Hz IPS to offer the kind of 2D experience gamers are after.

Interesting stuff, cheers.

Associate
OP
Does the monitor have reverse polarity protection to stop people blowing them up

We always recommend everything is plugged in before switching it on from the mains. The pin will only fit in one way and whilst some contact of pins maybe possible with incorrect insertion, its not enough to short the power supply.

Kits are available comprising of a converter and a intermediary cable switch. The converter fits on the end of the power adapter and the cable fits into the back of the monitor. The converter+cable are designed to only accept terminal mating in one direction. This is not really necessary for a consumer product but industrial peripherals do have these to avoid any slip ups.

Associate
We always recommend everything is plugged in before switching it on from the mains. The pin will only fit in one way and whilst some contact of pins maybe possible with incorrect insertion, its not enough to short the power supply.

Kits are available comprising of a converter and a intermediary cable switch. The converter fits on the end of the power adapter and the cable fits into the back of the monitor. The converter+cable are designed to only accept terminal mating in one direction. This is not really necessary for a consumer product but industrial peripherals do have these to avoid any slip ups.

hazro

Could you please give me some feedback information of the problems I have reported in the thread below starting from post number #131 to #163?

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18257591&page=5

Thank You!

Last edited:
Associate
Hazro guy not really reading what people are posting on here

yes great price colour etc.....................................

one or two dead pixels stuck pixals not a problem what people want to hear is answers to their questions.

1. We dont want monitors with dust already behind the glass yes might be small particles but would be dam distracting on a bright screen once u notice it.

2. Do Hazro actually put these screens together or just stick a label on them as the point of saying changes to manufacturing line will bump up price, If u already use a clean room to assemble these monitors I suggest u clean your filters on your exstraction units.

3. Is there a way to take the Glass screen off with out damage so it can be cleaned? theres a lot of dust in houses these days.

4. heres a thought for your engineers I presume the glass has been glued/bonded to the frame.

how about bonding a magnetic seal to the glass and frame so it can be easly removed.

5. the most important point yes we will moan because we are paying our hard earned cash to buy these monitors and most have been waiting months to get their hands on these monitors.

Hazro aint had the best background from what I have read and u say this is due to being took over twice in 14 months that to me means bad managment and to many of us workers we have to deal with idiot bosses way to often.

so sort the managment = happy workers/better maintenance = better product = happy customer/less RMA's

Last edited:
Associate
@hlennie

"how about bonding a magnetic seal to the glass and frame so it can be easly removed."

I reckon if it was easy to do so effectively then someone would have done it ages ago. Add-on mag strips i have seen have not been that strong. It would def. add to the cost too.
Also do you really believe the dust behind the screens is due to someone not cleaning the filters?!!

I took Badass' advice & didn't bother running a dead pixel check on my screen; i can't
see anything with the naked eye (dust or otherwise), so why use some software to highlight it's possible existence?! Can't see it, not stressing out, & would be loving the monitor if my motherboard hadn't blown up. :)

Soldato
@hlennie

"how about bonding a magnetic seal to the glass and frame so it can be easly removed."

I reckon if it was easy to do so effectively then someone would have done it ages ago. Add-on mag strips i have seen have not been that strong. It would def. add to the cost too.

Aren't Apple Displays made that way? It would limit the number of RMAs/DSRs and that would certainly save some money for slight changes to the glass panel.

Also do you really believe the dust behind the screens is due to someone not cleaning the filters?!!

Yes, the glass was certainly not fitted in a dust-free environment.

I took Badass' advice & didn't bother running a dead pixel check on my screen; i can't
see anything with the naked eye (dust or otherwise), so why use some software to highlight it's possible existence?! Can't see it, not stressing out, & would be loving the monitor if my motherboard hadn't blown up. :)

Do you even know how this software works? It's just coloured background for you to see if there are any duff pixels.

Man of Honour

glad you're happy with the screen. i dont see the point in searching for something if you cant notice it in every day use :)

Associate
"Yes, the glass was certainly not fitted in a dust-free environment."

Well, following the thread, i understand it was fitted in a clean room. I have no idea if this is up to chip-manufacturing standards where everybody walks about in spacesuits. I thought someone stated that some Dell monitors with glass panels had a built-in wiper, which suggests the process is not perfect, whoever is building them.

"Do you even know how this software works? It's just coloured background for you to see if there are any duff pixels."

Thanks, i've used some in the past & i think i figured out the basic theory behind it. ;)

Associate
glad you're happy with the screen. i dont see the point in searching for something if you cant notice it in every day use :)
The thing is, although you might not notice dead pixels immediately, you might at some later date (even without deliberately searching), and having seen them once they may be very hard to ignore thereafter.

Surely it makes sense to check the goods and identify any failings within the DSR return period rather than risk being stuck without any avenue of recourse.

Soldato
The thing is, although you might not notice dead pixels immediately, you might at some later date (even without deliberately searching), and having seen them once they may be very hard to ignore thereafter.

Surely it makes sense to check the goods and identify any failings within the DSR return period rather than risk being stuck without any avenue of recourse.

+1

Back
Top Bottom