• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

cpu upgrade.

Associate
Hi Gurus

Currently running a Intel Core i7-2700K 3.50GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor and am looking at upping the cpu..

My system is used for gaming / music work / photoshop work so it does take a bit of a beating.

My question is i have a
Asus P8Z68-V GEN3 Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard & G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz DualQuad Channel Kit

so what would be my best combination if i were to upgrade the cpu?

so what cpu would toy recommend? and will ineed to change any of the other hardware (mobo and ram)

CPU Budget appx <> 300

Thanks all x

Last edited:
Associate
If keeping your MB, the only upgrade path would be to Ivybridge I believe z68 boards are compatible with a bios Update. Ivybridge came out with the newer Z77 Platform. I think they are hard to find Brand new as production would have been discontinued most likely second hand route your probably get a decent bargain.

Associate
OP
This is the cooler i have.. i was water cooled and it leaked and will never go back

V8_GTS_04(5).png

Associate
Hi Gurus

Currently running a Intel Core i7-2700K 3.50GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor and am looking at upping the cpu..

My system is used for gaming / music work / photoshop work so it does take a bit of a beating.

My question is i have a
Asus P8Z68-V GEN3 Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard & G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz DualQuad Channel Kit

so what would be my best combination if i were to upgrade the cpu?

so what cpu would toy recommend? and will ineed to change any of the other hardware (mobo and ram)

CPU Budget appx <> 300

Thanks all x
I've got the same MOBO and CPU as you.

Did think of an upgrade but after reading up on these forums it seems like there is not much point. Are you running it at stock? I'm sure you are aware that if you go into the BIOS and switch the CPU to performance it will boost to 3.9 automatically ?

Back
Top Bottom