• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What is the right voltage for i5 6600K

Associate
Alright so yesterday I have overclocked my 6600K from 3.9 to 4.4 GHz and increased the voltage by about 0.05. Because there was literally no difference in performance, (only a small difference in temperatures). I went back into the UEFI and loaded the defaults.

Now these are the voltages:
CPU Core/Cache Voltage 1.136
CPU VCCIO Voltage ~ 0.98
CPU System Agent Voltage 1.072
PCH Core Voltage 1.016
CPU Standby Voltages 0.996
Everything is on Auto, but I think I remember the CPU voltage being at around 1.23 before.
Are these voltages as they are supposed to be?

Also worth mentioning, the UEFI always shows the CPU frequency as 3.5GHz, even if the hardware monitor shows 3.9, (and 4.4 while it was overclocked).

It is also worth mentioning that the CPU temperatures are at about 25° - 30° when idle, so that also went back to normal after I went back to 3.9 GHz.

Last edited:
Associate
Pretty sure the base is 3.5Ghz And turbos upto 3.9 on a 6600k which is probably why uefi shows it as 3.5. As for the voltages i'm not to sure on, i have one sitting here on a mobo ready to go (long story) but not installed in my case yet but when i did have it up and running for a while i am pretty sure the uefi was reporting around 1.136 ish on the cpu voltage.

Back
Top Bottom