• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Everything You need to Know AMD & NVIDIA

Permabanned
Sorry if this is covered elsewhere but I could not find it and it's about sli/crossfire so it's worth including here if not already. I believe I know the answers but I'd like confirmation (again) please.

If I want to sli a pair of same model Nvidia cards and one has more vram than the other will it work?
If I want to crossfire a pair of same model AMD cards and one has more vram than the other will it work?

The important part is whether you can mix ram sizes or not.
Thanks.

EDIT: I've seen it mentioned in the SLI as quick as possible video now and you can't use different ram amounts with SLI, Wouldn't it be worth writing this in the info post?

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there any difference between AMD and nVIDIA when it comes to bitstreaming audio for HTPCs? I'm assuming not.. seeing as they only have to chuck out an untouched data stream.. but just wanted to check im not missing anything :D

(currently using an AMD 5850 to bitstream from my HTPC)

Associate
Sorry if this is covered elsewhere but I could not find it and it's about sli/crossfire so it's worth including here if not already. I believe I know the answers but I'd like confirmation (again) please.

If I want to sli a pair of same model Nvidia cards and one has more vram than the other will it work?
If I want to crossfire a pair of same model AMD cards and one has more vram than the other will it work?

The important part is whether you can mix ram sizes or not.
Thanks.

EDIT: I've seen it mentioned in the SLI as quick as possible video now and you can't use different ram amounts with SLI, Wouldn't it be worth writing this in the info post?

Crossfire will work, but will operate at the performance of the card with less vram

Soldato
Im curious to why Nvidia keep on using a 256-Bit memory interface even in their newer cards 1070 & 1080.

Why do you think they didn't choose to use a 384-Bit in the 1080?..and say use a 256-Bit in the 1070?

I know they're really good cards either way,But just curious.

Associate
this is gonna be my next gpu upgrade ...

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/xfx-...s-card-with-backplate-gx-238-xf.html#comments

my current gpu is an xfx r9 390 black edition. this is part of a custom loop, just need to know if the plate and block I'm choosing are the right ones ...

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-fc-rx-480-backplate-black-wc-9bo-ek.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/xspc-blade-radeon-rx480-water-block-wc-40o-xs.html

for fittings I'm going to use the ones from my current gpu.

Associate
does anyone have the link to that video where a guy does a in depth comparison into AMD/Radeon and NVidia finacne back ground and talks about why NVidia took the market lead now? I cant find it :(

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Im curious to why Nvidia keep on using a 256-Bit memory interface even in their newer cards 1070 & 1080.

Why do you think they didn't choose to use a 384-Bit in the 1080?..and say use a 256-Bit in the 1070?

I know they're really good cards either way,But just curious.

Why would they need to?

Associate
Do not know if this is legit but it seems like it.
https://imgur.com/a/CMWEv
CMWEv

How in the hell is AMD ebale to get 1060 desktop performance with 1560 stream processors when Polaris needed 2300 to get that performance. Was Polaris really hard hit by bandwich or is smaller Vegas way more efficient than bigger models?

Back
Top Bottom