• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Updates GeForce Experience - Accounts and Passwords Now Mandatory

Soldato
What is NVidia's reasoning behind this exactly?

Looking forward toNVidia getting hacked and everyone's passwords/details being released into the wild, just a matter of time.

Man of Honour
The latest drivers are listed on the website and you get the option of installing Geforce Experience or not. If you don't want to register at Nvidia, then don't. Why is this so hard for you to grasp?

To be fair it was mooted that along with requiring login for GfE at the same time they said they wanted to make GfE the only way to get game ready drivers and it could still happen yet.

I'd be less bothered if it wasn't for the fact I now have to login to use a ropey overlay that looks and functions like it was designed in the 1980s and has issues with some games to use ShadowPlay that I could use fine before without.

Caporegime
So is that top quote right or wrong?

Your having a go at anyone in this thread who doesn't agree with you, i'm just one of the rest.

People have a different opinion to yours, that doesn't warrant you running round here like a bull to a red rag calling them members of the tin foil hat brigade.

Don't like it just don't read it.

Caporegime
To be fair it was mooted that along with requiring login for GfE at the same time they said they wanted to make GfE the only way to get game ready drivers and it could still happen yet.

I'd be less bothered if it wasn't for the fact I now have to login to use a ropey overlay that looks and functions like it was designed in the 1980s and has issues with some games to use ShadowPlay that I could use fine before without.

I don't really care what the overlay looks like, as it is only there when I want to start live streaming to Youtube etc and only really use the ShadowPlay option, which sits there quietly in the bottom right of my screen. I guess I have been lucky with recording, as no issues here and I use it a lot.

Caporegime
Your having a go at anyone in this thread who doesn't agree with you, i'm just one of the rest.

People have a different opinion to yours, that doesn't warrant you running round here like a bull to a red rag calling them members of the tin foil hat brigade.

Don't like it just don't read it.

Just answer the question Humbug please. Can you only get drivers every 3 months unless you register? Not a tough one and a yes or no will do.

Caporegime
Just answer the question Humbug please. Can you only get drivers every 3 months unless you register? Not a tough one and a yes or no will do.
I already did, you're no were near as smart as you think you are, you're trying to make it about me because you know you've had a go at every one in this thread with an opinion you don't like and i called you out on it.

Soldato
Looks like your heading to a black site bug for some intense interrogation, better call Saul...

Why would you?

In the event of driver registration, the humourous posters will lighten up a more than likely frenzied topic...

I don't feel the need to defend Nv left right and centre like the impression I get that you do, therefore the in house fall out within the Nv users will be a refreshing read due to it not totally being devoid of humour and therefor with some great posts to offset the poor ones.

Caporegime
Looks like your heading to a black site bug for some intense interrogation, better call Saul...

In the event of driver registration, the humourous posters will lighten up a more than likely frenzied topic...

I don't feel the need to defend Nv left right and centre like the impression I get that you do, therefore the in house fall out within the Nv users will be a refreshing read due to it not totally being devoid of humour and therefor with some great posts to offset the poor ones.

Seriously? This is me defending Nvidia? I play games, I don't have a problem registering on multiple sites including various forums but because it is NVidia, I am defending them. You seem to be mistaking me for someone else and it isn't even funny.

Yeah i'm done :)

I will take that as your agreement that you were wrong and there is infact drivers available to all and sundry without needing to register. A shame really, as all you needed to say was "Yep, I got it wrong". And we could have moved on but instead you took the cowards way out. Well done.

Associate
Regardless of whether everything is locked down or not at the moment, it looks like it may only be a matter of time before GR drivers and all the rest of Nvidia's stuff is under the dome so to speak.

A lot of people already register for lots of other things and I think it's just a matter of people having a go because it's yet another added hoop to jump through for people to go about their business. It is getting rather tiresome and IMHO I don't think it is at all necessary for Nvidia to do this to their users. I am sure that lots of AMD users would have a bit of a whinge and moan if the red team did the same.

It won't kill anyone but I think it's another totally un-necessary bug bear for people to go through.

Just my twopenneth. :)

Caporegime
Regardless of whether everything is locked down or not at the moment, it looks like it may only be a matter of time before GR drivers and all the rest of Nvidia's stuff is under the dome so to speak.

A lot of people already register for lots of other things and I think it's just a matter of people having a go because it's yet another added hoop to jump through for people to go about their business. It is getting rather tiresome and IMHO I don't think it is at all necessary for Nvidia to do this to their users. I am sure that lots of AMD users would have a bit of a whinge and moan if the red team did the same.

It won't kill anyone but I think it's another totally un-necessary bug bear for people to go through.

Just my twopenneth. :)

AMD do do the the same, they have all the same features GeForce Experience has in an AMD skinned Raptr app.

The difference was Nvidia had a solution that was not commercially driven and all the hoops that come with it.

Nvidia no longer do, its no different now to AMD's Gaming Evolved app.

Permabanned
Above post from maonayse hit the nail on the head.

Gregster is right when he says it doesn't matter because it doesn't their will always be ways around or just avoid as I will do.

It's strange from Nvidia and I'm still trying to figure out why they want to do it.

Oh well I didn't need it to begin with so I won't miss it now I just think as others that this is heading in the wrong direction.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I guess I have been lucky with recording, as no issues here and I use it a lot.

I don't have a problem with recording as such (though I notice the performance while recording isn't as good on my setup as 2.0 - I record to RAM a lot and on 2.0 that had hardly any performance hit while on 3.0 it stutters for about 2-3 seconds on pressing record and drops performance by a couple more fps).

The problem I find is that certain games (some of them have known issues with the Origin overlay so I guess it is a related issue with those games) start to have intermittent reliability issues with ShadowPlay enabled regardless of whether it is recording or not with key presses sometimes being slightly delayed or not going through at all - which is quite noticeable in the middle of a frantic firefight in BF4, etc. - that never happened with 2.0.

Caporegime
I don't have a problem with recording as such (though I notice the performance while recording isn't as good on my setup as 2.0 - I record to RAM a lot and on 2.0 that had hardly any performance hit while on 3.0 it stutters for about 2-3 seconds on pressing record and drops performance by a couple more fps).

The problem I find is that certain games (some of them have known issues with the Origin overlay so I guess it is a related issue with those games) start to have intermittent reliability issues with ShadowPlay enabled regardless of whether it is recording or not with key presses sometimes being slightly delayed or not going through at all - which is quite noticeable in the middle of a frantic firefight in BF4, etc. - that never happened with 2.0.

Do you record to mechanical drives that are not the boot drive? do you allow them to spin down, sleep?

If you do it could be them spinning up when you hit record thats causing the stutter, i don't let my drives sleep and don't get any stutter.

Back
Top Bottom