• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What GPU do I need to use Eyefinity with 144Hz Monitors

Associate
So I bought a 144Hz monitor which I'm very happy with but I now need an awesome GPU to make the most of it. I am intending to get the best possible experience for Grid: Autosport with 3 x 144Hz monitors in Eyefinity (2 more than I have currently) while not spending thousands on GPU's.

So... What do I need for a GPU in order to max out the settings (or near) and play at least 100 FPS ? The monitors will be 24" 1080p (5760 x 1080 resolution) - as a guide this is 3/4 of the way to 4K / 2160p gaming demands.

I think I've come to the realization even a GTX 1080 (£700ish) won't even do? I hope I'm wrong as Id love to play Eyefinity at over 140Hz. It looks to me, for Eyefinity OR 4K, its pointless getting a monitor(s) over 60Hz as the GPU simply won't be able to push out the frame rates? And the only reason to have a 144Hz monitor is for use on a single monitor at 1080p only...

Cheers!

Soldato
Imo you'd have better luck getting a big 21:9 monitor than with 3x24''. A 1080 will get you there for 5760x1080, but barely and certainly will have to make some adjustments with the settings sliders and not simply push them all to the max.

Back
Top Bottom