• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*sigh* help me please

Associate
So the 1070 arrived however I just can't get it to work.
Each time the card goes in I get a black screen no output whatsoever.

I've run DDU uninstalled the drivers. Each time the card goes in I can't get signal, not even from my mobo.

Help me lol

Associate
OP
Yeah everything is where it should be.
I did think that BIOS might be the issue but why would it stop me from getting signal from my integral mobo output? Bios update is available but only for win 7 and 8, I'm on 10. Would that be okay?
No other pc's available unfortunately

Soldato
The bios has nothing to do with Windows version so the latest should be fine. Most likely when a PCI-E card is detected in the slot it over rules your onboard.

Last edited:
Soldato
You wont break anything with the wrong drivers or bios so its worth a shot. Bios can always be reset.

Is your PSU up to scratch?

You wont get a signal from on board graphics if you set the bios to PCI-e only.

Windows does not have access to the Bios so don't worry, try the latest and see if it works. Windows can only read Bios not write to Bios. ;)

los

los

Associate
I know with my motherboard, when a GPU is installed it turns my internal GPU off. As said try updating the bios, failing that is there anyone near by that can try the card for you?

Back
Top Bottom