** ASUS TURBO 3YR RMA SERVICE: OcUK CUSTOMERS ONLY!! **

los

los

Associate
Not 3 days from you sending it, if thats what you mean.

They send a new card within 48 hours of them testing and confirming its faulty so it entirely depends how long this takes them as I highly doubt they'll have a dedicated member of staff just for Asus returns.

OCUK could receive the card on a monday, finally get around to testing it on the friday and confirm its faulty. Get around to posting it on the saturday (most likely snail mail delivery) and you could end up receiving it on the following tuesday.
No the time frame wasn't what I was getting at, I thought it was 3 days, then noticed it wasnt :)
My question was about the 980ti replacment if they dont have any in stock, would it be rma'd then have to wait or would you get an equivalent or better card? Or something else?

Soldato
Any recent experiences returning ASUS cards to OcUK recently? My 2-3 month 980ti went back and arrived with OcUK on Saturday 8th October and a couple of days later I was advised the card was being returned to ASUS for repair/replacement which contradicts what this thread says about a 2-3 day turn around with OcUK regarding ASUS cards.

I think its just confusingly written. My take after re-reading it is:

OcUK will action a replacement within 48hrs of the card returning to them. I'm guessing that means when Asus returns the card to OcUK after they've sent it to Asus to be examined! :eek:

Associate
Can i get some clarification regarding stock cooler removal please?

On the ASUS 1080 Strix, all the three versions, on most of the images and videos that i have seen, there is a sticker on 1 of the 4 screws that is holding the cooler and the PCB together, around the GPU area.

I would like to watercool the card, hence having to remove the stock cooler and replace it with a full cover waterblock and obviously i would have to use a screw driver on the screw to remove the cooler in which the sticker on the screw would get broken.

If i break that sticker on the screw, does that mean my warranty is void and hence this RMA service is not valid? Can I, we, get a clear and potentially black and white answer to this please?

I have scoured the internet and several threads on this forum regarding the issue but i cant seem to get a definitive answer, any chance you could help Gibbo?

Man of Honour
Asus do not allow cooler removal. Taken from the cooler removal thread in the gpu section:-
As a rule of thumb, if you have a sticker over any of the screws, then the company is generally a pain when it comes to stock cooler removal.

Although Asus is on the ok list that is just his personal experience. From waht I can tell on other forums Asus is very strict when it comes to voiding warranties. With OCUK's turbo warranty service it may be different though.

Associate
Asus do not allow cooler removal. Taken from the cooler removal thread in the gpu section:-

Although Asus is on the ok list that is just his personal experience. From waht I can tell on other forums Asus is very strict when it comes to voiding warranties. With OCUK's turbo warranty service it may be different though.

This is why i would like a clarification on the matter, i'd like to get assurance before giving them my monies.

I hope an OCUK staff manages to read this, it would be nice to get a response soon :)

Associate
Can i get some clarification regarding stock cooler removal please?

On the ASUS 1080 Strix, all the three versions, on most of the images and videos that i have seen, there is a sticker on 1 of the 4 screws that is holding the cooler and the PCB together, around the GPU area.

I would like to watercool the card, hence having to remove the stock cooler and replace it with a full cover waterblock and obviously i would have to use a screw driver on the screw to remove the cooler in which the sticker on the screw would get broken.

If i break that sticker on the screw, does that mean my warranty is void and hence this RMA service is not valid? Can I, we, get a clear and potentially black and white answer to this please?

I have scoured the internet and several threads on this forum regarding the issue but i cant seem to get a definitive answer, any chance you could help Gibbo?

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29131979&postcount=33

(it's from this thread)

Associate

I've read that post too. However it doesnt make sense to me, its not clear enough.

"...we do not suggest to do so, but if they do, than OK" - what does that mean, i can remove the cooler, by doing so damaging the sticker to get the cooler off and im still within the warranty?

"...damage happens during removal..." - what does this mean, what damage - to the cooler? to the sticker on the screw?

Do you see what im trying to get at, if possible i'd like to get a clear definitive answer as later down the line, I can have something to fall back on, covering my back.

Back
Top Bottom