** OUR SECOND 8 PACK APPROVED OC BUNDLE: OVERCLOCKED, DISCOUNTED, ELITE TIER VERY FAST!! **

Associate
Well mines a dead stick again, decided to turn itself off a minute after powering up, got to the boot screen a couple of times now nothing, wont even wake the monitor up on restart, X99 what a complete pile of ****e, especially gigabytes......

Associate
my pc also did this last week and i couldn't get it going so i unplugged everything and took the battier out over night and some how its started working again ive had a few restarts since then which is lending me to think my psu might be on its last legs

Associate
Mine crashed last night and now wont boot with the overclock, at least it's still basically running I suppose. Be the w/e before I can sit down and try and see what's causing this issue.

Associate
Well another update, was a little surprised at the time it's taken OCUK to get this far, They had the parcel back on a Wednesday, 8 days later after messages and a phone call they went and found it in the warehouse and processed it, was far from the usual service, and have had RMA's completed in less time ....

Anyway, its a second dead CPU, really had no joy with this bundle, possibly the worst PC purchase in the last 20 years, at least the issues found, Now just have to wait for it to go back to Intel I'm guessing for a replacement which could be another 28 days, this royally sucks playing this waiting game.

Soldato
Just found this thread to subscribe to it, something I forgot to do almost 13 months ago after my Black Friday bargaintastic purchase!

I updated to the F22C bios months ago, perhaps around Easter, provided by a link from the Gigabyte rep in here (Gigaman?). I don't think I've overclocked the system since then, so I still have no idea if I have the same issue I vaguely recall some of you having regarding the supplied memory.

For a while, I was unable to enter bios over the summer, despite going bonkers on Del and F12. In the end, I shorted the two reset jumper pins with a screwdriver head, which solved that issue.

Every now and again, my system crashed and when I was able to look in bios, I noticed the auto stock core voltage for the 5820k was showing a fraction under 1.0v (which I took to mean there was a little of the very common for years "vdroop"). Despite not consulting the boards, I decided to manually adjust the core voltage by adding literally a click or two above 1.0v and it seems to have helped.

Every now and then, the system boots up from being turned on and my Microsoft Razer Reclusa keyboard will not input my Windows 10 Home password. This is normally solved by powering off, wait ~10 seconds and then power on again.

I've noticed that System Info reports my bios is in Legacy mode, rather than UEFI. Every now and again I ponder either doing a fresh install of Windows 10, or finding that conversion command line entry.

Another thing I sometimes ponder is updating to F22 bios released 14th June 2016, as shown at http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5281&dl=#bios

And finally, can anyone remind what the issue was regarding the xHCI setting in bios, please? I vaguely recall one solution to whatever the problem is/was was to either select "auto" or "smart auto."

Associate
Hi

Long time since I looked in this thread so thought I would throw in my 2p worth (not a lot these days i know)

Got my bundle in last years Black Friday deal like many others and had lots of issues over the first few weeks but eventually got the system stable enough on 4.2GHz O/C and it lasted until a couple of weeks ago when the dreaded cold boot (coincided with a cold frosty night -2C) in the morning.

Having tried several reboots the system wasnt having it and I had to clear the CMOS. Booted fine but would not load in and reboot the O/C however many times I tried.

In the end I updated to the latest BIOS and tried the O/C again. Now the udpated BIOS has some options missing so was no way to get the O/C stable. Eventually left the memory at default and chose an option in the BIOS to auto O/C to 4.3GHz and system has been rock solid & booted first time everytime since.

Conclusion for me being the memory training just would not accept the built-in profile but happily have CPU @4.3Ghz and mem @default which is good enough for me & what I need.

Cozman

Merry Xmas Everyone :)

Soldato
Hi guys its ben a while. I have not yet updated my bios since my 1st update over a year ago for fear of breaking my overclock....... However now i have an ocukus rift with 3 cameras and my usb ports are now practically all under load i fear it is probably time to make the leap for better or for worse.

What is the recent feeling of the best bios version and is there an updated settings list from the OP or is that guide still all valid?

Thanks

Soldato
Hi
Sorry i did not explain very well, the PC is ok however my PC boot issue seems to be worse - ie it failing to boot properly when too many usb devices are plugged in..... it mostly boots ok if my X55 is not plugged in, but i think it fails more now since plugging in all the oculus rift stuff than it used to... Also, IF my X55 is plugged in, the pc hardly ever boots now and i have to go into the bios and reset.

I understand this is a bios issue but was wondering what the "best" bios is to use now, the official one or if there is a beta one somewhere.

I know its a while ago however i imagine you remember the problems a great many of us had with this system and i think you were investigating a fix.

thanks

Soldato
In recent times, my system fails to boot on first attempt from powering on, it turns off after I sent the blue Windows logo.

On the second power up, it usually boots fine, but sometimes it freezes at the logo again (where a soft reset will then boot fine).

Back
Top Bottom