** LAUNCHED TODAY - HYPERX ALLOY FPS GAMING KEYBOARD **

OcUK Staff
Hi all,

Today we have the official launch of a new product from HyperX as they continue their march to take over the peripheral world.

The "Cloud" and "Cloud II" followed by the "Revolver" have taken over the headphone world. They have just released the brilliant new "Stinger" gaming headset as an entry level SKU but hot on it's heels they are busting down the door on the keyboard market and looks like they could win here also.

The Alloy FPS is an extremely well made quality piece of kit. We had the HyperX team in at OcUK HQ a few weeks ago with some samples for us to look at, and I wasn't expecting much for a first foray into an unknown market for them. I should have remembered the success with which they entered the headphone market a few years ago, as what they have produced easily matches and in some areas beats the offerings from more established peripheral manufacturers.

The keyboard: Has a simple and professional look going with the current trend of having less "gamer" looks and instead going for clean simple lines. With a steel frame and quality braided cable, the keyboard oozes build quality and the cable is detachable for transporting the keyboard, (it also comes with it's own carry case for LAN parties), but is also useful for anybody wanting to customise the keyboard later down the line. The Alloy FPS comes with Cherry MX blue switches, nice bright LED back lighting and 100% anti-ghosting with full N-key rollover functions. There is also a USB pass through for charging your phone or powering other peripherals.

All in all a solid first effort at a keyboard from HyperX and all it leaves me excited to see if they continue with their previous strategy of improving current products, and if they expand their range, or if they will dip their toe into other peripherals. A HyperX mouse perhaps?... If they do then remember, you heard it here first!

Axel Foley says keep up the good work HyperX!!

giphy.gif

HyperX Alloy FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Cherry MX Blue @ £99.95 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Hype...Gaming-Keyboard-Cherry-MX-Blue-KB-000-HX.html

Cherry MX Blue Switches, FPS Optimised, Durable Steel Frame, RED LED Backlight, Detachable Braided USB Cable, LAN Party Carry Bag Included

Only £99.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

The keyboards are landing at OcUK HQ on 26th October but are available to pre-order now!

Permabanned
Obviously has taken some inspiration from the K70. Looks like a trimmed down version of that, which isn't a bad thing. Really do quite like that, if I didn't already have a K70 I'd have grabbed one.

The detachable cable is pretty sweet, limited usage but a nice feature to have. Any change of it coming in different switches at any point?

Associate
Definitely a good design for the space-conscious. If I was in the market it'd be between this and the K70 for sure.

Curious that they opted for blues though, they're usually associated more with typing than gaming, aren't they?

OcUK Staff
OP
Obviously has taken some inspiration from the K70. Looks like a trimmed down version of that, which isn't a bad thing. Really do quite like that, if I didn't already have a K70 I'd have grabbed one.

The detachable cable is pretty sweet, limited usage but a nice feature to have. Any change of it coming in different switches at any point?

The switch choice was interesting and I questioned them. Apparently the markets where this would first land (Asia and Australasia) blues are the most popular switch type. They haven't made any with other switches yet, I imagine they want to see what pickup is like of their keyboard with it being a new foray for them, before making 4x as many with all the switches.

If I was a gambling man I'd think the next step would be to produce an RGB version with a variety of switches. That wouldn't be until 3Q next year though I'd suspect.

OcUK Staff
OP
Definitely a good design for the space-conscious. If I was in the market it'd be between this and the K70 for sure.

Curious that they opted for blues though, they're usually associated more with typing than gaming, aren't they?

See above post :)

UPDATE - One of the HyperX team spotted the switch question and emailed me that the other switch types can be expected 2017. They said "early 2017" but as all gamers know - we take these estimates with a pinch of salt.

Associate
I thought "black" switches were the best for gaming....it certainly is on my Qpad :)

Sorry...Red only and higher price than my Qpad..I won't be changing any time soon.

Associate
The amount of organisations buying mech keyboards nowadays for office use is going up. Same for universities as well.

Yeah big time, I am at a University and I am seeing this too. Mostly Razer or Corsair or Logitech from brick and mortar stores but that's how it starts.

Back
Top Bottom