NEED URGENT HELP

Associate
Hi all,

My MSI 970 has just gone up in smoke. I was in the middle of playing fallout and pop, my PC shut off. Heard a fizzing and a pop which was followed by a cloud of smoke. Luckily I was in SLI and I have another working one.

Here's the kicker I purchased these 2 on the 28th 11th 2014. Does anyone have any idea how OCUK would treat this?

I know you get 1 years retailers warranty and they are still under warranty with MSI but would over clockers do the RMA as I have contacted them tonight meaning I'm still in that year just.

Soldato
If you post in customer service right now with proof etc I'm assuming you have 1 year warranty on it and OC are usual very helpful so I can imagine you will get an RMA put through :)

Associate
OP
Im sure OC will sort you out ,, then when they do you know where to spend your money next time you are upgrading.

I think I am now on my 5th full build purchased almost entirely through OCUK. Huge fan of OCUK. Just can't believe that its a year to the day and it goes up in smoke.

I wasn't even overclocking. Everything was normal and poof. The card was boiling when I removed it yet the other was only warm

Associate
If it's under warranty, you should contact the retailer asap and let them know of the fault. Remember, the retailer has the onus to repair/replace before the manufacturer. Wish I knew that when I took my xbox360 to get repaired at the shop I bought it from :(

If you're unsure of the warranty after that, I think it's about 30days/3/6 months for replacement parts or replacements. I'm not too sure. You should phone them or ask customer support about it beforehand in case there's a problem after it's repaired/replaced :D

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Overclockers are sorting everything out for me. I already have the RMA and it has reached OCUK today. OCUK will test and return to the MSI for repair or replace. I should have a working one within 28 days fingers crossed.

Judging on the amount of smoke and the charring I doubt it will be a repair.

Back
Top Bottom