Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
Do those spray cans no drench the model in paint? I'd imagine it would even at arms length. Tempted to buy a cheap airbrush for priming.

After putting my models on hold, I was bought some fantasy warhammer for my birthday last month(as it's a far superior game to 40k? Or so I'm told). So I was building models at the weekend, can't wait to start painting.

Commissario
You have to be a lot more careful with the spray cans, and they waste an awful lot in overspray which is a large part of the reason I don't use them now except for metal models and things like the realm of battle table (mainly flat).

Associate
Had an idea this morning. As I don't know how my colour scheme is going to look. Should I not prime one and do a rough paint to see how it looks? Also I've been told to soak any bad painted models in detol overnight and then scrub off with an old toothbrush. Is their an easier way? Or is that the normal way to do it. I do have an unlimited supply of turps I could use?

Associate
Are you doing space marines? If so, there are online design-a-chapter tools you can probably find by googling (on limited connection here) that could let you try a few designs. Generally, if you've used suitably thinned paints you can probably overpaint for a basic trooper, but beyond that Dettol's the main way. I've not tried turpentine for GW plastics - maybe try it on a disposable bit of sprue or something first?

Associate
Nah its fantasy. So first thing I'll be painting is chaos warhounds. I'll stick to dettol as turps could be too strong and melt guys haha. Can always try and see though. Cheers though!

Soldato
Which Dettol are you guys talking about for stripping paint off plastics? I have a load of stuff I want to strip over Christmas in preperation for the new year!

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Just everyday household dettol? Just submerge the guys for about 24 hours and take an old toothbrush over them. Might need a couple of dips though. Well, from what I've been told haha. Not even painted a model yet haha.

Associate
Check out the p+m forums on dakkadakka - I think someone put up a tutorial there (can't reach it from here).

Ah yeah, I was looking through that the other day. Only thing is I'm not going for your usual hound like colours. So I'd still need to try out colours. I've got some paint coming so they will hopefully be here by the weekend, then I can get testing.

Soldato
Just everyday household dettol? Just submerge the guys for about 24 hours and take an old toothbrush over them. Might need a couple of dips though. Well, from what I've been told haha. Not even painted a model yet haha.

Check out the p+m forums on dakkadakka - I think someone put up a tutorial there (can't reach it from here).

Thanks guys :)

Associate
Hi,

Was given a copy of 'Forbidden Island' for Christmas, was wondering if anyone had any experience of it and it was fun? Looks interesting but, quite new to this 'new wave' of board games lark..

Back
Top Bottom