• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
There you go. Do people realise that all of you having issues with fans or clocks have a frikkin afterburner installed? Do you see the pattern?

Sorry to ruin ur pattern but im on Win 10 and Crimson dirvers with a 7950, afterburner installed for years here and Crimson drivers running as peachy as any other driver for me, if not better. No crashes, no fan speed differences, no heat difference, no black screens.. no problems.

Obviously the majority of users with no problems dont ever post about it.

Associate
Downloaded Crimson yesterday and ran BF4. Then un-installed and went back to CCC.
It made the inside of buildings (and undergrowth) virtually unplayable. Sooo dark all of a sudden! Tried all the tweaks but just could not fix it. CCC runs fine.
It also changed all my window border colours to a horrible pale yellow!
R9 290, 16GB, Eizo Foris 140hz monitor. Should have run peachy.

Soldato
I remember I used to have quite a few issues with fiji or 290x when afterburner was installed. Fan controller was acting weird, and clocks were all over the place. This was happening way before crimson drivers.
I'm just saying 100% of people who have issues with clocks, have afterburner installed, since afterburner riva tuner bit is the only way to actually see ingame clocks ;) I don't have afterburner installed, and have no issues whatsoever in all the games I play currently.

I have GPU-z running in the background if i think anything is up.

Permabanned
There you go. Do people realise that all of you having issues with fans or clocks have a frikkin afterburner installed? Do you see the pattern?

I already put a post up stating I'm uninstalling all of those and reinstalling everything including the drivers, I spent a morning doing that,
Afterburner and Trixx are not installed and I still have games where my core clock sits between 300 and 600 mhz even though my gpu is under 100% load. It's not all games but there are a few.

I play a lot of Stalker and it was fine before 15.11.1 but now I struggle to keep it above 30 fps (it usually sits at over double that) because the clocks won't increase on my Sapphire Fury Tri-x so no it's not frikkin Afterburner.

Although I do not have them running on start up or in use I did have AB and Trixx installed on my pc so too avoid conflicts I've done the following. I've uninstalled Afterburner and Trixx, Then I uninstalled the Crimson drivers and there complete package, Then I deleted everything left behind from the programs mentioned and rebooted my PC, Next I downloaded the full crimson package, Installed it and rebooted again. Now I'll spend today testing various games to see if the same problems persist and report back later.

I then reported back that I had the same issues.
I also did all the feedback stuff to AMD about it.

Last edited:
Associate
Even though the fan issues shouldn't have happened, i am impressed with how quickly a hotfix is being worked on. 3 days from the first report and it's already getting fixed.

Especially considering it was Thanksgiving holidays in the US followed by the weekend, you got to give the driver team props for working on a fix during a holiday.

Caporegime
Nope, only running texture quality, filtering, terrain quality on high with mesh @ ultra and AA set to FXAA low and everything else on low/off

Do all settings need to be on ultra or just one of them to avoid the issue?

Associate
Nope, only running texture quality, filtering, terrain quality on high with mesh @ ultra and AA set to FXAA low and everything else on low/off

Do all settings need to be on ultra or just one of them to avoid the issue?

I just set it all to Ultra and it fixed the issue.

What's your system specs? I'm running it on a 290Xm + i7 4400K powered laptop in ultra. Can't cranked up the resolution scaling to 200% but 130% is fine inc ultra settings.

Caporegime
i5 750 @ 4GHz / MSI 290 / 8GB RAM @ 2560x1080

I would run it higher but I need to maintain as close to 125fps as possible in order to avoid noticeable screen tearing, no freesync screen and vsync just adds input lag :(

Back
Top Bottom