Show Us Your Motors!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
*Shock* as some people might not care about that

Oh yeah?

Obviously that's an example of 1 compromise. My question still stands though. Besides, if someone wasn't interested in sporty handling, then they're probably unlikely to choose a Sport model in the first place :confused:

I have no idea how coilovered cars handle, never driven one. hence the ruddy question!

Soldato
Oh yeah?

Obviously that's an example of 1 compromise. My question still stands though. Besides, if someone wasn't interested in sporty handling, then they're probably unlikely to choose a Sport model in the first place :confused:

I have no idea how coilovered cars handle, never driven one. hence the ruddy question!

People don't choose 'Sport' model cars because they're interested in sporty handling, it's because we live in a bizarre society where you're clearly a peasant if you have to settle for SE spec on your compact executive car.

Soldato
20151129_170740.jpg

Omg y u ruin bmw. Must be oem.

I think it looks fine? I would perhaps raised it a smidgen but other than looks alright! Although not a huge fan of the rims, it's something different.

Soldato
Oh yeah?

Both mine are on coil overs, expensive set, really nice.. Dial back the settings and it's smooth and a nice drive still handles well, turn them back and it goes full track mode and is super tight, bumpy and feels awesome.

Cheap set, bumpy all the time, handles alright but it just feels awful to drive and is not comfortable at all. But they do the job and it did totally change how the car felt. No settings to change so you're just stuck with height.

My brief, not very technical view on it :D

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I drove her properly for the first time yesterday, to the MOT place and back.. Damn it's quick and you can actually go around a corner at more than 30mph without getting under steer like in the Polo.

Although, I did lose a bit of trim. Had to turn around and get it!

what I always notice about older cars...just how much glass they have compared to new cars...every window seems enormous

Soldato
How does it handle that low though? Surely there is going to be a compromise when driving around a winding road on a sweet Sunday afternoon enthusiastically?

It handles fine now I have 255 Tyres on the rears. When it had 225 rs3 all round anything above 70 was quire frightening. It liked to wander even on a straight bit of road. Whether it was the tyres or something else it seems to have fixed it self. Other then that I don't really drive like I'm on the nurburgring.

Soldato
Its all wet, and parked in a Kwik Fit ( :( )

Apart from that, set of 18" alloys on with rainsport 3's freshly on. (SO much better!)

I plan to Wash, polish and wax her next week if its dry on the weekend, then will get a better pic.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It handles fine now I have 255 Tyres on the rears. When it had 225 rs3 all round anything above 70 was quire frightening. It liked to wander even on a straight bit of road. Whether it was the tyres or something else it seems to have fixed it self. Other then that I don't really drive like I'm on the nurburgring.

Both mine are on coil overs, expensive set, really nice.. Dial back the settings and it's smooth and a nice drive still handles well, turn them back and it goes full track mode and is super tight, bumpy and feels awesome.

Cheap set, bumpy all the time, handles alright but it just feels awful to drive and is not comfortable at all. But they do the job and it did totally change how the car felt. No settings to change so you're just stuck with height.

My brief, not very technical view on it :D

Ah that seems fair then thanks for the explanations!

Back
Top Bottom