CS:GO Discussion

Associate
Yeah good points. It might be down to whether or not there T&Cs state any altered/appended files to the steam folder which has the potential to change default files/settings are VAC offence, Or actually using those files ingame which is the VAC offence

Soldato
With TwsT, you can look at the scoreboard and see he's on $16k - but there is still no way he'll have or buy a kit.

Literally every round "Twst, buy a kit" "TwsT, don't be a tit" "TwsT, don't be a loser - buy a ..." "TwsT, kit" etc etc etc :D

Soldato
One kit on either site in a pinch is something at least, think Ive seen pro teams with that buying strategy.

I dont always buy one, if theres 4 on the team and its kit or smoke I think its a fair chance or choice to make. Buying a kit on pistol round means even when Im predestined to immediately die to 1 usp shot I was some use possibly :o

https://csgoteamfinder.com/players

Might be of use to someone finding a team to play with.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=370600849
Infinite smokes and trace lines, maybe people got a config for this anyway but this is totally simple to use. I need it for all the maps practise

Im trying to play without tracers, maybe it'll help

Soldato
FaceIt continues to be garbage.

4 rounds into a game 3 players drop claiming "excessive lag" - all on fine pings none warping in engagements but perhaps they had packet loss, cant say. Then 3 on our team (Fins), start being incredibly verbally abuse to my friend and I (despite us carrying them). 2 rounds later they leave.

Ends up being a 2v2 (w/ 3 bots on each side) for the remaining 23 rounds... BOT v BOT fights are quite funny though.

Soldato
Took me a while to find this again. I haven't played competative in a while so I've lost my rank. Just de-ranked myself on the sheet 5 ranks since I think that was the average de-rank for most people since the rank changes right?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...rZTY_bGzPAscnxb_tGd1VTmmTwA/edit?pref=2&pli=1

Just updated mine, have only suffered one de-rank on my main account (SMFC to LEM), the other 2 have remained the same since the changes (1x SMFC, 1xLEM)

Associate
Updated mine also now the rank update seems to have settled

Would you say it should be okay to jump back into MM now? If its back to the normal Russians and occasional smurf I can handle that. If its still ranks all over, hackers and many smurfs I'll extend my break.

Man of Honour
I think to some extent at most ranks it's settled down and you should get relatively matched games.

GE seems to have gone back to being infested with cheaters now though :(
Played one MM game yesterday and the opposing team had four 9 digit accounts, 3 of which were blatant. I play faceit more now, but it's not perfect as sometimes you get stuck playing a map you don't want and the odd server issue.

Soldato
No and no, just your faceit rank. I've given my opinion on roughly how faceit ranks correlate to MM ranks below:-

Ranks 1-3 = Nova - low MG. 4-6 = MG - LE. 7-9 = LEM - GE. 9+ = semi-pro - pro

Ranks 1-4 or so are ELO hell, filled with stupidity the likes you've never seen before. In my experience this includes endless raging, generally abominable play styles/aim (seen someone go 1-2-27 before in a 16/14 game - terrible scores are surprisingly common) people surrendering and ending the game after the pistol etc etc etc.

This does seem to be quite accurate from the games I've played, a few looks at Steam Profiles will highlight (through bragging or screenshots) the ranks of most players and they seem to fall quite well into the above groupings.

Caporegime
Anyone know a solution to this movement weirdness?

It only happens in CS and when it does happen, only a reboot fixes it. All other games/software - no problem at all. If it happens in CS and I go to other games without rebooting, no problem, but going back to CS and it will keep happening until I reboot.

Associate
7 Wins in a row stay at MGE
2 Loses and down to MG
1 Win stay as MG
1 Loss and down to GN4

nick-young-confused-face.jpg

I was top 3 in all of the wins and even loses and boom bye bye rank, this game...

Soldato
This is a bit of a grind , coming top every game getting 30-40 kills in a game, gone from silver master to gold nova 2 in about 8 -10 wins , just want to get back up to mge/dmg so I can have a mix with couple of friends :( stupid valve ranking me at silver :(
Also getting called a smurf quite a bit haha and reported !

Back
Top Bottom