NEW DAYZ - Dayz Arma 3 Exile mod (How standalone should have been)

Soldato
[TFU] Thegoon84;28670942 said:
HYPE TRAIN!!! AND ITS OUT!

Loving it so far, Zombies are quite freaky!

http://customcombatgaming.com/forums/index.php?/topic/22335-exile-mod-dev-server-zombies/

Whitelisted from tomorrow.

Yup you heard it right.... New Dayz Arma 3

Ok new thread needed, because this has blown my mind!

Ofc its very staged, the map they're using is very narrow and will bottle neck a lot of battles. However based on the new Map BIS are working on due out Q1/Q2 (see video at the below) then its got stupid amount of potential. Even now

The guy who created this hasn't released a server or the files yet, but has been flat out. CCG have released solid updates and mods which people have actually wanted.... Not modding the game and putting pointless things like "******* in the woods, battery's for radio and toilet roll.

We have here a game, which could for all intense purposes meet the needs of every original Dayz fan.... Overpoch was a massive success and this mod is from the same guys.... So i'm kicking off the hype train to failland, ALL ABOARD :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCrEc8u6mpg

NEW BIS MAP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLL...outube.com/watch?v=JLLdrpbvQpA&has_verified=1

:D..... So what's your thoughts?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
My thoughts

1. Dean Hall is a nob
2. This looks good
3. There is a thread on this already

1. Dean Hall is a nob

AGREED

2. This looks good

Doesn't it!!

3. There is a thread on this already

Its mine thread the other, however this will be a seperate mod from Excile. Some people dont like the zombie games. This somehow is being called "Dayz".

PS - I know this is very staged, but i think the majority of us can say a few good stories from playing Epoch/overpoch... So while staged, i'm sure we'll have something on a basic level to this!

CCG do force night time play on their servers. So the use of floodlights will be in there, cant wait to freak out people taking out their lights!

!! ZOMG>

Soldato
OP
If it doesn't run like a potato like Arma 3 does and has DX12 then I am interested, otherwise meh.

Well since playing the mod from day one, its one of the smoothest games i've ever played!! So long as you do the correct research on your optimal settings you should get min 60fps with an average pc!!

The excile creators have some how managed to put filters in game which A makes the maps look unreal and B run super smooth!

Pretty much everyone i've spoken to have been blown away by how smooth this runs!

Next big thing? I think so...... Watch this space!

Associate
Another thread on this mod!?

Although been away for a couple of days, come back to try and play this mod again and I seem to be getting this error message now and cant join a server..

Soldato
Don't get your hopes up. It's just as buggy as any other zombie mod/game running on this engine. Zombies going through doors, rubbish path finding, hitting you through a wall. Real Virtuality is not meant to do this sort of melee combat at all.

It's only really fun because there's that many of them coming at you you don't get time to notice all the bugs.

Caporegime
it might be better to help than point ;)

you forgot to add this goon which i see you posted in

" I have been out most of the day but i feel the need to say that this is not the first time something exclusive was shown and then never made it into live severs. Let's not forget the hatchet buiing system on a sever with a few people it would work out well but on a live sever that is capped it would crash a sever. Same with the video looks badass and cool but the implication of it can cause some features to be cut out.

TLDR; what is shown very well may not be the final product "

so may not even come out.hmm frankie pay out ;D

Last edited:
Soldato
yet another poor zombie mod for another clunky arma (butitsamilitarysimulator!!!11111!!!) game

Give us a shout when it works / is finished / is better than not playing

Associate
I am not 100% sure if something with that many features and that many mods ( Check the mod list in the video description) will ever go fully public.

Plus I bet majority of server will be 24/7 daytime. Seems sad to remove such a important part of the gameplay, stealth etc.

Associate
We have launched an Exile server on the map Pianosa. More information can be found here; (http://www.exilemod.com/topic/1508-eu-vexitynet-exile-pianosa/). Zombies will follow shortly after it seems to be in demand.

These servers are popping from the base Exile mod. After its been ported to a custom map its literally a case of copy and pasting addons/scripts/mods from armaholic/bi forums and editing the configs. There are quite a few currently open zombie servers which will be similar to frankies videos however the server he is playing on (part of the CCG community) is actually in closed testing if I have been told correctly.

The map thats being used is Esseker, and I think its ryan's zombies with a few mods like rappelling and of course custom vehicles/weapons with JSRS and blastcore.

I have just launched a community over at Vexity.net where I have ported over a custom map myself, unlike Esseker/Altis/Chern they are huge maps with such a small amount of players meaning PVP is little to none. Pianosa the map I have decided to use is a lot smaller with greater PVP potential. The fundamentals like day/night are there. Loot has been turned up, but all overpowered scopes like the TWS/Nightstalker have been removed totally from the loot table and applied only to our DayZ style helicopter crash sites.

One thing I have made sure is, each server we host (starting at 1, will increase if people actually play on our servers) is restricted to 40 slots. I feel a perfect amount to ensure its stable (highest FPS possible) with the zombies.

I would love for a few people from OC to come and help me test it one day soon.

Don't get your hopes up. It's just as buggy as any other zombie mod/game running on this engine. Zombies going through doors, rubbish path finding, hitting you through a wall. Real Virtuality is not meant to do this sort of melee combat at all.

It's only really fun because there's that many of them coming at you you don't get time to notice all the bugs.

Very true, I originally put in zombies to see how decent they had been made and to be honest they were just meh... People want them though, and if people want them and you don't have them they will go elsewhere. I can tell you now, if that server frankie was on was full 60+ players, after 2 hours uptime it would not be that fun to play. Then again CCG have done some fantastic stuff with Arma, maca is a credit.

Last edited:
Associate
Does the Exile mod have zombies, or is that for the testing maps or something? Only started today. Unless it needs a specific map?

No, the vanilla Exile Mod does not have zombies. It's simply what Epoch should have been without zomibes. PVP/Base building but because DayZ is DayZ people have to have zombies in every mod therefore people have added this;

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28958

On top of the Exile mod. Now most Exile servers with zombies are running on Cherno or Esseker because of the feel they have however zombies are not map restricted. If you are looking for a server with zombies head over ehre;

http://www.exilemod.com/forum/138-server-showcase/?page=2

Soldato
OP
We have launched an Exile server on the map Pianosa. More information can be found here; (http://www.exilemod.com/topic/1508-eu-vexitynet-exile-pianosa/). Zombies will follow shortly after it seems to be in demand.

These servers are popping from the base Exile mod. After its been ported to a custom map its literally a case of copy and pasting addons/scripts/mods from armaholic/bi forums and editing the configs. There are quite a few currently open zombie servers which will be similar to frankies videos however the server he is playing on (part of the CCG community) is actually in closed testing if I have been told correctly.

The map thats being used is Esseker, and I think its ryan's zombies with a few mods like rappelling and of course custom vehicles/weapons with JSRS and blastcore.

I have just launched a community over at Vexity.net where I have ported over a custom map myself, unlike Esseker/Altis/Chern they are huge maps with such a small amount of players meaning PVP is little to none. Pianosa the map I have decided to use is a lot smaller with greater PVP potential. The fundamentals like day/night are there. Loot has been turned up, but all overpowered scopes like the TWS/Nightstalker have been removed totally from the loot table and applied only to our DayZ style helicopter crash sites.

One thing I have made sure is, each server we host (starting at 1, will increase if people actually play on our servers) is restricted to 40 slots. I feel a perfect amount to ensure its stable (highest FPS possible) with the zombies.

I would love for a few people from OC to come and help me test it one day soon.

Very true, I originally put in zombies to see how decent they had been made and to be honest they were just meh... People want them though, and if people want them and you don't have them they will go elsewhere. I can tell you now, if that server frankie was on was full 60+ players, after 2 hours uptime it would not be that fun to play. Then again CCG have done some fantastic stuff with Arma, maca is a credit.

Lol good luck with "just adding zombies"... Doesn't work like that! One does not simply add on mod packs and assume it will work haha! Most of the time they're dull, kill servers and simply dont work.... Hence just leaving it to the CCG lads.

I am not 100% sure if something with that many features and that many mods ( Check the mod list in the video description) will ever go fully public.

Plus I bet majority of server will be 24/7 daytime. Seems sad to remove such a important part of the gameplay, stealth etc.

The guys who are building this brought us Overpoch. Macca (ccg) has teamed up with the Exile modders and working flat out. This isn't a normal Dayz Standalone launch, its simply or not so simply smashing mods together re tweeking the config and re-designing the map.

This will be out before Xmas.... Mark my words.

There will be a load of people pretending they have the mod, but the only one to keep an eye out for is CCG. Once they announce it will be released then it will offically be out there and working.... Lets be fair, Frankie wouldn't have backed them or rather endorsed it if it wasn't certain.

Last edited:
Associate
[TFU] Thegoon84;28605637 said:
Lol good luck with "just adding zombies"... Doesn't work like that! One does not simply add on mod packs and assume it will work haha! Most of the time they're dull, kill servers and simply dont work.... Hence just leaving it to the CCG lads.

Which is not the case at all, each to their own I guess :o One simply does add on mod packs, edit the configs and repack the pbo's. How else do you think server side mods are installed? I have been modding arma for a while now and its very rare I would install a mod and it would be 'dull, kill servers or simply wont work' not sure where you get that from.. And by installing mods, yes I mean installing mods on a server.. Linux to be specific. If you would like me to show you, link me to a mod you like and ill pop it up on a server for you to see.

Maca is a very knowledgeable dude, the **** he pumps out for arma is crazy. Not sure where he teamed up with Exilemod to pump this out and it is simply adding a bunch of mods together... All of the mods used are listed in frankies video, any server owner could install any of these mods on top of Exile on top of Esseker and come out with the same gameplay;

BloodMist - StarWars Imperial Assault - HLC Weapons Pack - SMA3 Sights - Flay Archery - Blastcore - JSRS3 - BIS Spotlight - RHS: Armed Forces of Russian Federation - Skull Mask - SpookWarCom - Tao Folding Map - TRYK Uniforms - Ryan's Zombies and Demos - Task Force Radio - EWK Humvees - Panda's Nuke Mod!

I mean ****, there are 10+ servers I can see on the first page with zombies already out. I remember seeing one server that had duplicated frankies first horde video.

http://www.exilemod.com/forum/138-server-showcase/

But when CCG (maca) release theirs it should be decent given his servers are the dogs .... as it is, and he knows what he is doing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom