Recommend an online FPS game

Associate
Until now I have mostly avoided online FPS games and I know I missed something. If I ever pick up a FPS game, I spend most of the time going through the campaign and that's it. Yeah what a waste :D

So can you kindly recommend a fps online title that I should pick up. I have seen good recommendations for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Is it the ultimate FPS title? Also hearing good things about the Tom Clancy's The Division.

On Steam I have noticed these two: Counter-Strike Complete and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. What is the difference?

Associate
BF4 would be my recommendation OP. Much easier than CS to get into in my opinion and the vehicular warfare is superb if you'd like to get into something other than infantry combat. Team Fortress 2 is also fantastic and would be my second choice.

Associate
OP
Also I have two monitors that I use. A 4K@60hz IPS panel and a 1080p@144hz TN panel. I have hardware to drive pretty much every fps title to max refresh rates on both. Am I right in thinking that monitor of choice will be 144hz panel? Don't think pin sharp graphics matter much in a fps online game play :D

Caporegime
Also I have two monitors that I use. A 4K@60hz IPS panel and a 1080p@144hz TN panel. I have hardware to drive pretty much every fps title to max refresh rates on both. Am I right in thinking that monitor of choice will be 144hz panel? Don't think pin sharp graphics matter much in a fps online game play :D

Yeah, I'd use the one with the higher refresh rate for online shooters.

Caporegime
I wouldn't recommend any CS game. You'll likely find it very frustrating. You can't just play a CS game. You need to PLAY a CS Game.

BF4 is also my recommendation.

Associate
Another shout for Bad Company 2. Most fun I have had in an FPS for many years. Great game, if you don't mind playing something that's a fair few years old.

The Division isn't an FPS. Aside from the fact that it's 3rd person :p it's more of an RPG than a pure-bred 'shooter'.

Associate
OP
Bad Company 2 is only 1.99£ on Origin so I may give it a try anyway :p

If BF4 multiplayer gameplay is good as it's campaign then I will definitely try that too. I played it when it was available on Origin for free 7 day gameplay or something like that.

Associate
OP
Picked up CS: GO and yes it's tough. Strategy for most part at the moment is to keep my head low. lol. It's quite fun but I need a lot of practice. Again any rooms/lobbies for OcUK members?

Soldato
Bf4 is a great all rounder, but I have to say I'm really enjoying rainbow six siege. Very tactical, a good blend of thinking and shooting. Best played in a group, but there are a good few people in the OcUK discord channel that you could join.

CSGO is very old school, a real skill game, but lacking in real fun imo. Especially if you're getting older and can't keep up with the fast kids out there!

Associate

You'll have much more of a a competitive advantage with the 144hz screen. Single player might be more enjoyable on the IPS, but if you're going to take multiplayer seriously then 144hz is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom