Project: Clear & Simple

Associate
WRLAT0o.png

Hello everyone, after working hard I've built up some capital so I have decided to build a fully hardline watercooled computer. This will be my first project on the forum.

As the title suggests I am going to use clear tubing and clear coolant. My inspiration for the build was that my current computer is a bit lacking and I love the new builds using a monochrome theme as it looks much cleaner and simpler than the usual red rigs. (Not that there is anything wrong with red computers as I own one myself) I also wanted change and with the release of X99 & DDR4 with their competitive pricing it seemed foolish not to invest in a new computer. With this I also wanted to try my hand at the stylish and clean look that hardline piping has as it looks fantastic on the builds I've seen here :)

Components List
Motherboard: Asus X99-S Intel X99 (Socket 2011) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
CPU: Intel 5820K 3.30GHz (Haswell-E) Socket LGA2011-V3 Processor
GPU: TBD
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000W '80 Plus Platinum' Modular Power Supply
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 PC4-21300C15 2666MHz Quad Channel Kit
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Full Tower Case
SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 32 Layer 3D V-NAND Solid State Drive

Watercooling Parts
Reservoir & Pump: EK Water Blocks EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM
Tubing: 13mm Primochill Acrylic or PETG (TBD)
Fittings: PrimoChill Revolver Compression Fittings (Black or White TBD)
Radiators: XSPC EX360 120mm Radiator & XSPC EX240 120mm Radiator
Fans: 5x Corsair SP120 Quiet Series High Pressure Low Noise PWM

So far here is my idea of tubing runs:
ENeT5RU.jpg
And a more detailed image:
o80BIdv.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I like it.

As my old boss would say K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid).

Thanks, just want a good system that looks nice as I'm sick of having my PC look just average :confused:

You set on single gpu?

Really like hardline builds and the white/black/grey theme should be nice and stealth
Not really as I would like dual GPU but the money I've got can't stretch that far ;)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Associate
There is always room for a little bit of 'wow' surely ;)

I'd go GeIL just because it's so unique, but most importantly it has to fit in with your vision of your build...

Good luck with it mate, I like me some monochrome builds - subbed

Associate
OP
Looking forward to some pics of this badboy. First time hardline?
Yep, always wanted to do a hardline build and now seemed like the right time to do it since the extra cash came.

Clear and simple sounds like my kind of theme. Hope you put together a nice clean build for us :)
I hope so too, I just wanted a build that looked clean without any block coloring. However I do like the Mayhems pastel coolant but it's just not for this build :)

There is always room for a little bit of 'wow' surely ;)
I'd go GeIL just because it's so unique, but most importantly it has to fit in with your vision of your build...
Good luck with it mate, I like me some monochrome builds - subbed
I do like the look of the Geil RAM but I just don't want a garish bright light in the system. If it were subtle then I'd love to use it:D

Associate
OP
0ZLhwEG.png

I have purchased most of the main components for the PC today. I've still got to make my mind up on the GPU, and fittings so I purchased a black one to see how they look and if I should go white or not. I'm also waiting for the watercooling parts to come in stock so I can buy them:)

YOUR BASKET
1 x Asus X99-S - Intel Core i7 5820K Six Core CPU & Motherboard Bundle ***£30 Saving*** £524.98
1 x EVGA SuperNova 1000W '80 Plus Platinum' Modular Power Supply (220-P2-1000-XR) £161.99
1 x Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 32 Layer 3D V-NAND Solid State Drive (MZ-75E500B/EU) £143.99
1 x Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Full Tower Case - Black £119.99
1 x CableMod E-Series G2 & P2 Cable Kit - Black £69.95
1 x Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Multicolor LED Strip - 2m £16.99
1 x PrimoChill Revolver Compression Fitting Acrylic Tubes 13/10mm Diamond - Black £5.99
Total : £1,060.37 (includes shipping : £13.75 Ex.VAT).

Last edited:
Associate
OP
0ZLhwEG.png
Just produced some quick models of how the PC's interior may look using some models from Google and drawing tube runs. The pipes in the actual build will be clear but I could not find a way to draw clear pipes in Sketchup. I'm pretty pleased with the tube runs and hope I can get them as clean as this when I build it. There are some more renders but this is the best one :)
PFMuQx2.png

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The parts have arrived!!!

0ZLhwEG.png
Well the parts arrived today and all in all I was impressed. There were one or two minor issues but nothing detrimental to the build its self. :D
EnMrnut.jpg r6uxbUZ.jpg KCS4UXz.jpg
So now I'm just waiting for the fans, RAM and cooling loop to arrive and complete:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom