DLRpY5bt.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Update:

More things arrived:

EK-Supremacy EVO - Full Nickel:

8QR9G1ol.jpg
I'm not too happy about the machining on the top surface, it has a curved gaining effect. Will polish it with some metal polish at some point.

fsM4zMvl.jpg
Dismantled to replace jet plate for 1151.

RguwBBpl.jpg
I'm going to goofy mount. would have been nice if the 'Supremacy EVO' engraving was flipped

Radiator assembly:

OPG8CLkt.jpg

OQj3cBel.jpg
Rad mounted upside down... duh!

kCd9jgnl.jpg
finished assembly with fan filter

Cables arrived:

I have spare braided cables in case I don't fancy the red.

xF8qr7jl.jpg

OdhQESSl.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
GPU Update

My MSi 1070 Armour arrived,

and it is too long... by about 10mm,

Note: PSU can't be mounted
4soV3WBl.jpg

The case is mod-able to make it fit but it is not worth the effort, and wait for EK to release a water block, (they sell the Seahawk EK so my guess is not any time soon)

Might return it for a reference card.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking good. Love these cases. Managed to squeeze a custom loop with Nano in to my PC-05X, was a fun task.

Be cool seeing what you do with the alphacool tubing. Use it in main rig and love the finish on it. Great stuff, a bit hard to cut properly though. Loving the sound of only using metal runs and then connecting everything on the back.

Associate
OP
Agree, it's a very fun case to work with, but can get tedious with so many screws.

As much as I like modern cases such as Define series and Evolv ATX, they are just variations of basically the same thing. They make it too easy to build in, like cable management all thought out for you. It takes away a lot of the building experience IMHO. I've always liked weird cases, like the Silverstone Fortress series (got a FT03) and Parvam cases.

Not actually seen the Alphacool pipes in person yet, was meant to turn up from Germany on Friday but UPS delayed due to weather, on the same day DPD delivered an OcUK parcel, go figures... Planned to get a lot done over the week end but now is delayed.

I have a little pipe cutter that works wonders on PETG and copper. Hoping for the best. Can always jigsaw. How did you cut it?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Update: Some holes drilled

just a small update:

Majority of holes are now drilled:

Measured and marked:

VrbW3dol.jpg

done:

51cZDU8l.jpg

pump ready for test fit:

cDzA4xPl.jpg

Test fitted:

Iax7T1Fl.jpg

I missed the mark :( but should be fine, will need a longer G1/4 extension

Xmk1KFHl.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
That's not far off. I've been far farther off the mark than that :rolleyes: ...not that it's a competition! :D
Sure you can sort it out with the Dremel you surely have to have used for the slot :D

Looks good though. I like the idea of taking the pipework straight through the midplate so they're hidden. Nice.

Associate
OP
That's not far off. I've been far farther off the mark than that :rolleyes: ...not that it's a competition! :D
Sure you can sort it out with the Dremel you surely have to have used for the slot :D

Looks good though. I like the idea of taking the pipework straight through the midplate so they're hidden. Nice.

Yeah, it's really not that bad, just not centred like the inlet hole. I've got a 25mm hole saw, will make the hole bigger (from 20mm). Wanna avoid the Dremel for that part as it can be seen.

will hopefully get it done tomorrow when the hard pipes arrive.

Associate
OP
Alphacool stuff arrived

Q8xI4qQt.jpg

The Alphacool Eiszapfen fittings are pretty nice.
mHvEAX3t.jpg

Did a test cut, really not that hard to get a decent cut ;)

SF3HcPTt.jpg

I've updated the Plan section with these pictrures:
yYLSN1Il.jpg
LsTaW7fl.jpg

The brass tubes are very heavy, I will only be using about half the length (and weight) after cutting but I am very worried about sag.... not good for carrying water.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like you're using pass-throughs where they go through the midplate so it should anchor them at that end. CPU block should be fairly well anchored so the only sag'ability would come from the fittings not holding the pipe firmly enough. Can't tell if they're push-in or compression. The latter shouldn't have a problem but push-in might as it's only the grip of the O-rings keeping it in place.

Associate
OP
I am using compression fittings that squeezes the o ring to grip the pipe, very common in water cool builds. I was not aware of over fittings for hard tubing (other than push-fit used in plumbing).

What i have:
SMjtU5Gl.jpg

Is the above any good?

Maybe I should not use double rotary fittings for the CPU block, they feel very flimsy.

Last edited:
Soldato
The fitting should be fine - it's the same basic design as the EK HDC fittings (before someone gets picky here, I just mean 1 captive o-ring and one that gets compressed). EK also do an HD fitting that has two captive O-rings and no compression ring - it's just push-fit.

I see what you mean about the double-rotary - hadn't noticed it before. Alphacool rotaries have a tendency to be quite easily rotatable compared to some. This is a double-edged sword. For my use - this is why I picked them - it's good for them to be able to swivel as I wanted to be able to make a sort of hinge so I could open the case's back panel with the loop intact (loop passes through the back panel). In your case, you may want it to support the weight without rotating.
You don't need the double rotary as you can just insert the pipe at the orientation you need it. I would say wait until you've got the pipe installed and see whether it sags - it probably won't as the pass-through end will support it. The issue with that is that an Alphacool single rotary 90° fitting is about 14.5mm shorter so your pipe would need to be a bit longer. Can you mock it up and see whether it'll support it?

Associate
OP
It's as you say, the Alphacool dual rotary is very easy to rotate. I have some EK-AF and they are pretty solid, would have used those if they were not nickel.

Have absolutely no confidence in the dual rotary to hold up the brass tubes. won't be wasted though as they will be perfect for the GPU block.

I can't find any stock of Alphacool single rotary elbows. i ordered 2x Barrows instead.

From research, they have the same design and chrome finish as the Alphacool and Bitspower equivalent.

Last edited:
Soldato
Whoops sorry for late reply. Yep used exactly what you used for cutting. Took a while with he plating being fairly thick I found but cuts were clean so not an issue.

Associate
OP
Thanks, it's just a very simple loop

Helped a m8 do a PETG loop recently, as fun as it was doing it turned out a bit cluttered. Wanted to try something cleaner.

Back
Top Bottom