Ultra Quiet. Ultra Cheap build

Soldato
Hello all. I recently made a project were I attempted to make a reasonable gaming pc for under £200. All in I ended up spending only £173 for the full build.

This project will use the majority of components from that build however I will be using a much nicer case... A bitfenix prodigy M in white with the side window. The theme will be white/black with green accents and possibly green LED fans.

I will be using custom braided cables and also constructing a custom psu shroud to hide the other cables and also provide a mounting point for the HDD as I will be removing/blocking all of the ones provided with the case.

The main focus point for me here will be getting the machine to be nice and quiet. With my main rig being a bit rowdy with 6x 120mm fans @ 100% it will be nice to see just how quiet I am able to make a PC whilst also making it look sweet.

IMG_1215a_zpsk69uikm4.jpg

As you can see Tracer is intrigued.

A list of the components:

Asus GTX 750Ti 2gb
Pentium G3220
Gigabyte GA-H81M-HD3 Motherboard.
16gb Kingston Fury
500gb WD black.
Cooler master T2
Corsair CX430 PSU. <- I will be removing the connectors and replacing the wires with my own. (already done 6 pin and 8 pin cables.)

To buy:
acrylic sheet for psu shroud.
LED case fans.
More cable braid.

My first attempt at braiding went ok. Need to get better with the heatshrink lengths.
IMG_1237a_zps3glgzey1.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
this will nice to keep an eye on. I do like my own machine to be quiet but cool.

cant wait to get my replacement strix 970 as my mates 780ti is really noisy compared to that.

I actually have a 280x lying about... But the I feel that would be a bit much for this cpu/psu. Also my theory is the weaker the GPU the easier it will be to keep cool/quiet. This PC will probably be a giant steamlink anyway so I can play games in the lounge :)

Soldato

I actually have a 280x lying about... But the I feel that would be a bit much for this cpu/psu.

You'd be surprised. I bought an original GTX Titan by accident (long story) and the system at the time was a Sandy Bridge Pentium. The Titan was fine to the point where I didn't upgrade to a i5 2500 for a few months, and even then I didn't see a massive boost in performance.

The Titan's also been running with a 15% OC on a gold-rated 450W PSU, so I reckon you'd be OK running it on your Corsair 430W if you don't push it: 75W PCI-E slot + 75W 6-pin PCI-E + 150W 8-pin PCI-E = 300W if it was drawing 100% power, of which it won't be.

Soldato
OP
You'd be surprised. I bought an original GTX Titan by accident (long story) and the system at the time was a Sandy Bridge Pentium. The Titan was fine to the point where I didn't upgrade to a i5 2500 for a few months, and even then I didn't see a massive boost in performance.

The Titan's also been running with a 15% OC on a gold-rated 450W PSU, so I reckon you'd be OK running it on your Corsair 430W if you don't push it: 75W PCI-E slot + 75W 6-pin PCI-E + 150W 8-pin PCI-E = 300W if it was drawing 100% power, of which it won't be.

Ive considered it but it would mean adapters for the cables which I feel makes a build "messy". The 430 only has 1 GPU connector.

I have changed my mind about the green theme and now opted for white/black and blue instead.

I also contacted coolermaster about an old hyper 212 I have. I had lost one of the nuts for it rendering it a bit useless. Without any hesitation they asked for my address and are sending me a new pack of mounting nuts/screws :)

Back
Top Bottom