Thoughts on iPhone 6S Plus?

Associate
Just curious about how 6S Plus users are finding their devices? How's the form factor on a daily basis? Anyone wear skinny/slim cut trousers and have any trouble? Has anyone had any bend issues?

One thing I am hearing about is laggy animations, but I'd be surprised about that on a brand new device.

I'm really tempted to upgrade but I just need to push.

Permabanned
It's perfect for me with great battery life. Every now and again you get a slight drop in frames but it's supposed to be an issue with the scaler on the 6S Plus rather than a general performance issue.

Soldato
Very happy with mine. Love the battery life, love the screen.

I have one pair of jeans that the phone doesn't quite fit into but I think most clothes manufacturers have updated their clothes to be compatible with larger phones. :p

Soldato
Very happy with mine too. You get use to the size very quickly, mine is always in my jeans pocket, much like any other phone.

Video/picture quality is ace.

Soldato
I have the 6 Plus. I was an advocate of smaller phones but since getting used to the 6 Plus I'd never go back.

The battery life and real estate for doing work on is invaluable. Finishing a day with at the very least 60% battery left is fantastic.

Last edited:
Associate
I love mine, battery life is excellent and size is perfect. Although I do have a pair of jeans that aren't phone friendly, half the 6S+ sticks out of the pocket lol

Associate
I moved from the 6 plus to the 6s plus (I upgrade every year anyway) and it's a very nice improvement, that 2GB ram alone was worth it. No longer do apps get closed due to insufficient ram. This issue was a massive pain in the ass, same went for the iPad until the 2GB in the Air 2.

Performance is great, since iOS 9.2 the task switcher is a lot smoother on the 6s, no longer does it stutter as you swipe through. The updated Touch ID is ridiculously fast, half a second pushing the button and letting go and it's unlocked. Some have complained it's now too fast, just can't win :)

That updated storage controller now uses NVMe and its shows, installing multiple apps at the same time is quite a bit quicker than my Air 2.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9662/iphone-6s-and-iphone-6s-plus-preliminary-results

Ever since getting a 5.5" iPhone I have never had issues fitting it into my front pockets with all sorts of pocket sizes, even slim jeans. Never had any bending issues with the 6 plus and considering the 6s plus is a lot stronger bending should never be an issue from now on.

Soldato
Heh Apples work is done, it now has customers who think a battery lasting more than 1 full day is great, the lack of battery life is one of the main things putting me off getting one.

Don
I had the 6 and now the 6s Plus, can't believe how much better the battery is. Screen is amazing and it fits in my work trousers/jeans etc fine. I do take advantage of the double tap home button quite a lot!

Commissario
Big phones get old after a year or so. You'll be back on normal size next contract ;)
I would say the opposite. Many people I know, including a lot on here have gone from the 6 to the Plus version and are loving it. I had a 6 Plus and I replaced it with a 6S Plus - I won't be going back.

Soldato
Big phones get old after a year or so. You'll be back on normal size next contract ;)

Nope. I didn't get the 6 Plus as I thought it was too big, even coming from a 5.5" Android. Tried it out in store a few times and didn't like it much. I wanted something more handleable, so I got the 6.
However after a while I was starting to feel the 6 was a bit smaller than I would have liked. Then the 6S was released, I just went ahead and bought the Plus and instantly thought it was awesome. I wouldn't go back to the regular size phone now for anything.

Back
Top Bottom