Anyone got any questions for Alphacool?

Soldato
Well, I have been invited to Alphacool HQ in Germany :D .They have sorted my flights and hotel out for next week so I will be there for Monday and Tuesday, maybe a few hours Wednesday too...

I will then be popping into Thermaltake on Wednesday evening and be quiet! on Thursday :D (mainly to go drinking with the reps that sponsor me rather than anything :D

So, the reason for my post....

If anyone has any questions that they want answered by Alphacool, post them here! I will do my best to get answers for you. Obviously I won't be asking questions about outstanding orders and such, but if you have any questions about products I will find out the answers if I can :D

Also, remember the rule about no talk of competitors on here, so no questions about where to buy etc!

Soldato
OK, here are a few regarding their DC-LT pump and bits:

1. Are all versions of the pump available now the 3-wire version? How can a retailer check if they have the V1 or V2 in stock?
2. Are there any plans to release a dual pump top similar to those you can get for DDCs? Apparently putting these in serial really makes up for any head pressure deficiencies in stupidly restrictive loops.
3. Any plans for an Acetal version of the pump top? I don't like plexi tops.
4. There's plenty of room to grow before this pump and top gets close to DDC size, so could it be made more powerful? Would PWM control be worth it?

Soldato
Have a read of the Holland adventure earlier today actually. Gotta love the jollies, and it's great to be recognised for your work and invited to places.

Oh, such aspirations ;) speaking of which, could you do me a favour and cast your eye over my Asteria II pre-build thread in Project Logs - would like your opinion if poss.

Soldato
OP
Are all versions of the pump available now the 3-wire version? How can a retailer check if they have the V1 or V2 in stock?

A: unfortunately they can't do stock control at other companies, but if you order directly from them you should be able to get the pump you desire.

2. Are there any plans to release a dual pump top similar to those you can get for DDCs? Apparently putting these in serial really makes up for any head pressure deficiencies in stupidly restrictive loops.

A: Ideas like this can be submitted to them, they are always open to new ideas and they do have dual pump tops already, it would depend on which pump you have on whether the pump tops are available or not though.

3. Any plans for an Acetal version of the pump top? I don't like plexi tops.

A: maybe not "acetal" but keep checking around

4. There's plenty of room to grow before this pump and top gets close to DDC size, so could it be made more powerful? Would PWM control be worth it?

A: (this is from me not Alphacool) but PWM can only go as far as 12v so it really wouldn't make any difference. If you have a DDC then running it at 12v balls to the wall speed is as good as it will get... PWM won't make a difference..
Core i5 2500 | Asrock H67M-ITX | 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600MHz

Back
Top Bottom