SuperFlower 1200w Platinum

Associate
About 10 months ago i purchased a SuperFlower 1200w Platinum from overclockers of course , i've been monitoring it in heavy gaming use and in OCCT stress test and the 12 volt rail is now dropping down to 11.95volts,
When it was new there was no such drop and always just above the 12v , is this going to be a problem or is this just the natural degradation of the unit .. its a very small drop and still within ATX operating range , there's no dropping in the 3v and 5v are all good.

The one it replaced was dropping to 11.4 volts and this did caused random shut downs .

Any input is welcome and i just hope that its not starting to have problems so soon ..... there is a 5yr warranty if needed ;)

Many thanks in advance of your help .......

Soldato
Soldato
Are these motherboard readings?

11.95 volts is nothing to worry too much about, especially if it is motherboard/software readings. Really, you should measure it from a multimeter

Associate
OP
Yes Shivy011 , i'm using HWmonitor and reading from within windows .
Now my motherboard dose have voltage reading points so i suppose to get a dead on reading i'm going to have to get me a multimeter , however this is the same method as i used when i first tested it and there was no drop reported when the unit was new 10 months ago

Cheers ... im going to pick up a meter and then have another look ,,, thanks again

Associate
OP
Just a quick update , we are now 5 months later and i've added 2x 980 ti and upgraded to the skylake platform i7 6700k and a gigabyte gaming 7 board ,
now ive tested with many different voltage reading software , when i'm under full load its now dropping to 11.556 volts from 12v , ive just ordered a digital multi meter to see if the reading i'm getting is correct ,,, however not yet had a shut down , but the system is very new and i've had a few problems with it here and there ,, eg first motherboard had bad ram slots and had to rma , which went good . so i will see how it goes if i start to get problems , eg bsod , random shut downs i will get the meter out and check it out ..... :)

Associate
OP
Well i now have the multimeter as of yesterday ,, but just at this very minute i also have my corsair h105 cpu cooler with a push pull config on the fans so the voltage measurement points on the board are just and i mean just inaccessible for me to be able to read them clearly and i don't want to probe the wrong points just in case i cause any kind of a short ,as the system will be on and under full load including both gpus ,, i could i suppose take a voltage measurement form a molex connector as i believe this PSU is a single 12v rail .

As of this minute i haven't suffered any kind of a failing PSU symptoms ,, so i've just leave it there for now , but it doesn't matter which software i use , i've tried them all and they all read the same 11.556 for 12v , when i'm fully loaded or even in game using SLI according to the software and this includes the motherboards venders software monitoring as well (Gigabytes for the GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 skylake ) .

I've just check my account here and i've had it since Dec 2014 , so 14 months old use for about 5 hrs per night for gaming, another point as this reading is without any kind of overclocking going on .

I see that there's a five year guarantee so we will just see how it goes over time and if i do start to suffer anything that could be PSU related i will then get the meter out and check it out .

I think and this is off the top of my head that your ok to about 11.4 drop with atx range.

PS , 5 volts drop to 4.920 which is ok and the 3v are @ 3.26 ........Now today i moved the connectors about on the power supply and spaced them out more after doing this i seem to have gained a volt on the 12v under load ,,, after the move around the 12v is now dropping to 11.666 in stead of 11.556 .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom