Blooded Panda

Soldato
OP
You should get one and put it next to your PC. Or failing that a poster behind on the wall.

That or a decal on the case :) half a face maybe on the front panel

So, got some parvum fans for £8 each, got to say their the nicest fans I've used personally. Hoping to give a bit more of a stealth appeal

Before

Rear swapped

Both swapped

Should give a lot more flow then the stock fans and operate quieter , specially with a rad going in the front for the GPUs , nice to get the hot air out.

I told Nzxt I was going a build like before and kept them up in the loop but didn't expect them to use a pic at the moment , specially when its not actually complete!
Will be doing a blog on their site with DSLR pics for some better quality then I'm using at the mo

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well, Stage One Complete .

Build with all Non water cooling parts and Board Overclock

Swapping out the bright red pcie for the darker red to match the rest. Much better

Stage 2 will be the modding of the Turbos to allow hybrid cooling and the 3rd will be water setup and benching

Prob install windows in the morning and get a quick vid of the Hue+ in action

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Treat came today :)

Red shows the area where I have to cut, 10mm x 10mm to get the shroud mounting points to mate with the card.
Application will be mount the block, then the should using 2 anchor points at the IO end , then the backplate to the block with the top right going through the block and into the shroud, may have to drill through

Block will fit in the shroud with a 5mm height gap, width will be tight

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Managed to hack away at the Hsink this morning .
All 3 corners cut , and a bit extra due to the turbo have an extra cap that the Mini doesn't

Will try and test for tonight, hoping the width will squeeze in the shrouds casing

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
started to get to work on the Hybrid cooling, but whilst the card was out i had a chance to add some heatsinks 20mmx20mmx5mm to the Pro 950,

All laid out

As with the previous post, i needed to trim off more and had to get the width down on the block by rooming a fin from the top and bottom, to do this i had to take out the waterblock from the heatsink and came across this

That indeed is a lot of paste making NO contact with the heatsink. Alphcool advertises the whilst the block isnt fully watercooled, the plate can transfer heat to the block to be cooled down. looking at this I can see why users have been monitoring high VRM temps. In theory is a perfect idea but the execution is poorly lacking, so be warned with the Alphacool blocks !

top side up, fits like a glove!

Correct way up, will need to trim the bottom left fin just to make sure it clears the mount point

From this image you can see the Ram will need to be trimmed off. i Though about trimming down the fins but still won't work and dont want to cut the memory plate section and just easier to cut the ramp, and plastic glue back on in future. You can also see with the heatsink, theres plenty of height clearance too

quick poor shot of the heatsink over the current board, trimmed the pin header section to allow the fan to connect.

Hope tonight to mount the whole thing together and attach the red LEDs to the fan section to light it up.

With the second card i'll just use the universal alphacool mounting without the heatsink and use some heatsinks for ram chips.

quick hack at lunch time, "Dust Ramp" has now been removed. plastic glue should bond it back on if it ever needs to go back on again

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hoping I can get the holes done tonight. Will order an extender for the Monsoon 90 to clear the casing as Im using 16/10mm chain gun fittings.

Sink down and see bits that i've hacked off to make it work. least all the ram chips are now covered

Backing plate is quite thick so its grown a bit, should have the clearance though

Cables coming out are for the red LEDs, couldnt line them where I wanted but should ass a nice glow

Nice snug fit, having cut a fin off the top and bottom of the card and heat should be vented out nicely

very torn to whether or not spray it gloss white... or leave it so you clearly know its a mod

card has put on some weight so will be testing the Gaming 7s steel jacket PCIe's

Soldato
OP
This was one of the features that I wish were on my mobo - I had been deciding between X99 and Z97 (with the latter having the jacket's).

You've done a great job with the card modifications to retain the original aesthetic.

Not as heavy as some full copper blocks I've had but should be interesting. Didn't weigh the card before hand :( but will before I mod the other :)

Thanks, could have done a better job with the led, I do have some sleeving so may sleeve it up at least. Just hope its deep and close enough to the fan to light it up :)

Soldato
OP
Just placed the H240X into the S340 to see how much room I have to work with... Ouch

Plan is to go from the pump to the top card and the bottom to the rad for best looks, may have to be the other way around for ease. But shall see.

Also, thank god I'm not using the stock coolant as it just look so wrong !!!

Should look good with Mayhems Blood Red liquid and internal LED to light it up. Res is fully visible when panel is on through the window. Lines up nicely

Although I messed up the inlet and outlet holes in the casing and had to cut a square to save it all. Super gutted and depressing but will have it on the bottom, hopefully tubing will hide it a bit. Was a few mm off and ended up making it worse :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've got a total of 6 strips now on my Hue+, my task tomorrow is to cram them all into a tiny case.

Great bit of kit though, isn't it?

Indeed , easy and tidy to install and operate . will say though is that I wish they included some hard 90 degree connections , as of times using the wired extension was a bit of a pain at a flat corner.
Would also be nice for the custom setting to be more custom. Like combining Temp settings with the preset patterns or allow you to code in your own.

Cheeky update since the baby and wife are asleep, as well as the second block and fittings being delayed...
I went and test fitted the first card straight onto the H240X removing the CPU block and using its fittings.
When the little on wakes up I'll plug it in and give a quick stress test

Tight fit for testing

Last edited:
Associate
100% agreed with the 90 degree connectors. I could also do with mine a little shorter to fit my case better too :(

Hopefully We'll see more flexibility with CAM, I really like the way NZXT are going with it, to the point where once I get a Grid+ V2, it'll be my soul monitoring and control software on my rig.

Soldato
OP
O had the Grid+ hooked up for the first time. Booted, CAM updated but froze, so on reboot its corrupted so will have to reinstall .
So fans where running at a very slow speed and rad is just closely placed. Can't wait to get it all up

Soldato
OP
Since my sons been awake since 4am thought of take a few snaps of arrivals

Should match colour scheme with a hint of red but not one dominate colour

Problem with the 16/10mm sizing...
Inlet is right, inlet is left.. To big so means tubing will come to the top cards inlet , from the outlet straight to to the seconds outlet, and a 90 back to rad. was hoping to go from outlet to inlet between the cards, but cant unless I dont mind it looking aesthetics....

Also the second alphacool block came long, same model number but a never version this time to my surprise

has a hole drilled out for the extra cap on the Turbo card which the Mini doesn't have.
that area still needs to be cut either way but nice to know they have updated their models.

Last edited:
Associate
Cracking choice of fittings you've got there :D It's gonna look awesome when it's finished, especially the custom cards. Can't beat a bit of proper modding, just wish I had the skills you've obviously got! :)

Back
Top Bottom