Formula Boinc 2016

Associate
what gpu projects are you running zapp? noticed your amd cpu hasnt been connected to universe@home in a couple of days, what cpu project you running now? im helping with universe and every so often ill allow some citizen science grid tasks

I have 4 GPU's working on Seti, 1 CPU doing Universe, and 1 doing Asteroids.
The Asteroids is a Core2Duo, but thanks to BaBa I'll be putting a Core2Quad in it soon.

Yea if you mean the FX9590, I tend not to leave that on when I'm not at home. I work night shifts. It's a rather large power hungry, water cooled rig.
It also has a Fury GPU, but I try to avoid using that for crunching. I'm afraid of hurting it :p

Soldato
asteroids on a cpu probably wont get you far when it runs on gpu aswell, I did try seti and although they complete tasks very fast as does milkyway, im trying to help with projects that we arnt doing so great in, also thanks to BaBa I have 2 gtx 480s to set on moo wrapper !

on another note - chris you are flying in collatz!!, theres only me you you active I think but weve gone from 62 to 54 in a few days

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Asteroids is one of those exceptions were the GPU doesn't totally eclipse the CPU, running a 980ti (asteroids is Nvidia only) for e.g. has around the equivalent ppd of a 4 core, 8 threaded Ivy/haswell machine.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Hey Ba, nice push on Sztaki today, stormed past ozaudio :D
Samurai303 is leaving you behind in his dust though :D:D

Soldato
I don't run sztaki , it gets to 5% then the WU resets its self over and over so removed it

pretty much stuck 80% on universe@home and the other 10% on CSG and 10% on cosmology

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
We just overtook TSBT :) just need to keep the momentum now.
To be fair it was the christians overtaking them in WEP (Wanless Mersenne) for first place that took them down but we are marching ever upwards ;)

Oh, and meant to say the team hit the top 10 with our monkeys and Chris182008 has been going bananas and is about to take a personal top 10 position any time now with his bunch :D

Last edited:
Associate
Fantastic job :D. I've still got my CPUs on MM. Managed to get 8 threads going on my 4930k without impacting me too much. Currently about 50k points behind TSBT on there, but it was 3x that a few days ago.

EDIT: Just figured out why we are not taking the #1 spot in MindModeling
http://mindmodeling.org//hosts_user.php?userid=33587
Holy ____

:eek: they must love AMD. My 2700k is on the dDM-Project to try and help hanluc but it's not doing much. I've got some more cores coming next week thanks to Ba so will throw some at MM if you've not taken 2nd by then.

Associate
:eek: they must love AMD. My 2700k is on the dDM-Project to try and help hanluc but it's not doing much. I've got some more cores coming next week thanks to Ba so will throw some at MM if you've not taken 2nd by then.

I expect we will be 2nd by then :D. Moved up to 4th and the gap is closing nicely. Lost a few hours work on my Xeon machine thanks to a small project problem. They use very small WUs so after downloading so many of them, the average download drops below the threshold and you no longer get work. You're forced to reset the project to get more work.

Most WUs use a very small ammount of RAM, typically between 100-300mb some even less. But there are a few that can eat 1.1GB so it's a good job I have 32GB in a 24 core machine :eek:

Back
Top Bottom