Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
hi Hawk862,

Sorry to read of your problem. Apart from sedning back to reapair centre, we cant offer any other advice unfortuantely. Our colleagues from HQ are all on shutdown for Chinese New Year, so we wont get response from them until next Monday. We will forward the thread anyway, but in the meantime we would suggest that the advise will probably be to get RMA sorted with MENDIT and get the unit back to us.

[email protected]

0844 244 9999

Sorry we can offer more immediate solutioin, not heard of this problem before.

Regards,

Atom80

Cheers Atom - I'll arrange for an RMA and see what they say.

Ta

Associate
OK - so I've done some more experimenting with this issue all last night. I think I may have figured it out, but I'm not sure.

I've removed Bitlocker drive encryption and it seems to be behaving better. Previously I had Bitlocker encrypt the system drive so you needed a password to proceed with Windows boot after POST.

Removing this seems to have made the problem better. Who knows, maybe there is some wierd post power off activity it was trying to perform but couldn't as it needed a password in Bitlocker??

I'm not claiming that this was the solution as it is early days, but currently all seems OK.....

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OK - so I've done some more experimenting with this issue all last night. I think I may have figured it out, but I'm not sure.

I've removed Bitlocker drive encryption and it seems to be behaving better. Previously I had Bitlocker encrypt the system drive so you needed a password to proceed with Windows boot after POST.

Removing this seems to have made the problem better. Who knows, maybe there is some wierd post power off activity it was trying to perform but couldn't as it needed a password in Bitlocker??

I'm not claiming that this was the solution as it is early days, but currently all seems OK.....

ok Hawk862,

Keep us updated - when youn are confident the probelm is cured, and you have time, we would be grateful if you could send us a brief description of the problem and solution to: [email protected]

We will feed this into our technical and R&D teams.

Many thanks and fingers corssed !

Reagrds

Atom80

Associate
ok Hawk862,

Keep us updated - when youn are confident the probelm is cured, and you have time, we would be grateful if you could send us a brief description of the problem and solution to: [email protected]

We will feed this into our technical and R&D teams.

Many thanks and fingers corssed !

Reagrds

Atom80

OK - further update. It seems that the removal of Bitlocker was only half the story. What I have to do as well is close the lid once the machine is shut down before it starts back up again (usually within about 2 secs of power off). With Bitlocker it would power on again regardless, but without bitlocker it won't power on when the lid is shut.

If I don't close the lid after shutdown (within 2 secs) it will startup again. Wierd? But I can live with that :)

Associate
OK - further update. It seems that the removal of Bitlocker was only half the story. What I have to do as well is close the lid once the machine is shut down before it starts back up again (usually within about 2 secs of power off). With Bitlocker it would power on again regardless, but without bitlocker it won't power on when the lid is shut.

If I don't close the lid after shutdown (within 2 secs) it will startup again. Wierd? But I can live with that :)

on your next format id test it out without anything installed as you have already found 1 software issue.

More to this i have had issues with a Nvidia driver which has caused issued when using the laptop without a charger plugged in. Driver version 361.43 was bad

Soldato
I've just been going through the graphics settings on my x7 to find SLI is turned off

Is this normal and will it auto switch on when needed??

Associate
on your next format id test it out without anything installed as you have already found 1 software issue.

More to this i have had issues with a Nvidia driver which has caused issued when using the laptop without a charger plugged in. Driver version 361.43 was bad

Yep - most definatley. At this point I'm assuming it's something to do with what I've done as no one else seems to be suffering from this problem :)

Associate
So Nvidia driver 361.91 has been out from 15/2/16 but doesnt show on the Aorus update utility. Any reason for this? Do you guys still have issues with Nvidia drivers?

Hey orangeman2003,

Good question. We test the NVidia drivers in house at HQ before updating the driver utility to see if we can find any bugs or problems to ensure there aren't any issues for our customers.

While the majority of the drivers that NVidia updates don't cause any problems, I can think of a few occasions where NVidia drivers have caused some strange issues because of SLI design, therefore we always tend to check them before they are "AORUS approved".

Thanks,

R~

Associate
Hey orangeman2003,

Good question. We test the NVidia drivers in house at HQ before updating the driver utility to see if we can find any bugs or problems to ensure there aren't any issues for our customers.

While the majority of the drivers that NVidia updates don't cause any problems, I can think of a few occasions where NVidia drivers have caused some strange issues because of SLI design, therefore we always tend to check them before they are "AORUS approved".

Thanks,

R~

I thought this the case as i was in contact a few times regarding Nvidia issues with drivers but this has still yet to be updated with the update driver utility so can you please let me know if there are issues with driver 361.91 dated 15th February? 7 days and still nothing....

Associate
I thought this the case as i was in contact a few times regarding Nvidia issues with drivers but this has still yet to be updated with the update driver utility so can you please let me know if there are issues with driver 361.91 dated 15th February? 7 days and still nothing....

Let me check with our R&D department and I'll get back to you asap!

Thanks!

R~
AORUS Gaming

Associate
Hi Atom, So the problems with the initial x3 plus v5 units have been resolved?
How about the availability date for Aorus x5s and the x5 v5.
Regards

I can't say for all units but my replacement unit hasn't missed a beat.
It's delightful watching Miss Croft jump and run in full ultra HD without so much as a stutter.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom, So the problems with the initial x3 plus v5 units have been resolved?
How about the availability date for Aorus x5s and the x5 v5.
Regards

Hi w4r_m4chine,

We expect stock of the single GTX980M GPU version to be in UK market first week of March, and the SLI GTX965M version to be close behind...

Regards,

Atom80

Associate
Same here! My replacement x3 v5 is running very smoothly so far. Atom and aorus have been tremendous in their support. And I am in full agreement with ads_green both Tomb raider and the new call of duty are running incredibly well.

Back
Top Bottom