NAS with HDMI

Associate
Hey all just after little help on choosing the right NAS- Recently been having few probs with my ISP poor speeds disconnections exc. So ive decided not to play my files over my network- But i do like the sound of using a NAS as a HTPC to play my Films and music collection via HDMI does anybody else use there NAS for this also. And what would people opt for?

Associate
OP
I was getting on my plex server to my plex app on my android box the server was not quick enough and it was buffering and that was over the local network but im very hopeless at setting it all up. And not got a clue where im going all wrong with it all to be honest. And wouldnt mind using PLEX home theatre on the tv downstairs i like the interface of the home theatre under aeon nox skin. But you don't have that option on android anyways

Soldato
Powerline is great but for speed depending on your home electrical wiring it can be pretty poor. Perhaps replace the router with gigabit ports and try wire everything up with ethernet?

Associate
OP
i bought a Qnap TS 251+ with HDMI i quite like the idea of using it as a HTPC and stuck a 6tb WD red in for time been. i be able to do a lot more with it then an android box plus when i download torrents it will go straight on to the NAS

Associate
OP
Bit devasted now on The Qnap 251+. I just managed to cancel it before it got dispatched. The things it doesn't do HD audio pass or 24fps via HDMI. The audio ain't a issue due to using a Canton DM-55 which is stereo. But the 24fps via HDMI put me off

Associate
You should be able to stream it locally without issue, I would look into your home networking as it isn't reflective on your internet speed.

Associate
OP
Now i don't know if its a network set up or to do with my ISP which is having issues at the moment. I think its bit of both to be honest. I know the network ain't set up right

Associate
OP
Now i can plug an external drive in my Android box. But the only downside is it only takes 2TB. Now i could get a NAS for storage and add me content to kodi and my pc. But the way things are its pointless. Unless i get a mate of mine to set me network up properly

Associate
OP
You should be able to stream it locally without issue, I would look into your home networking as it isn't reflective on your internet speed.

I would have thought so to but i have PLEX media server on my PC. But when i stream to my PLEX app on my Android box it says. The connection to the server was not quick enough. And then starts to buffer and cuts out LOL. I did try using KODI from my pc to the Android box via SMB share but that had problems aswell

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom