Recipe for lamb wraps

Associate
I've just been to the shops and bought:

- Half leg of lamb - around 725g
- Natural yoghurt
- Harrisa

I was hoping to make something Moroccan-esque lamb wraps....has anyone got a decent recipe?

Soldato
Based on what you've bought.

Rub lamb with harrisa
Bake in oven for several hours until tender
Shred lamb

Mix harrisa with yoghurt

Add to wraps
If you've got some tomato, coriander, lemon juice, onion, cucumber that could go well.

Associate
So I tried cooking the lamb for a long time but it just dries out. I cooked it for around 3.5hours at 130*C.

It was still fairly tough and dry at the end, how do I prevent this?

A few things. You can either cook it at a lower temp, or for less time, or cover it and add some liquid and braise it.

Associate
Leg isn't the best cut to cook as it is fairly lean and is better cooked to around medium or under. A good cut for pulled lamb, which I'm guessing you want? is lamb shoulder which can be cooked for a long time and will stay moist.

Soldato
I made some lamb wraps yesterday

I used 2 medium onions and one red pepper, chopped 1/4 of each very fine and the rest roughly

Fried them in a large pan capable of going in the oven until softened then added a good squirt of garlic purée and fried for a minute
added a few tables spoons of smoked paprika, a tablespoon of cumin, a good pinch of chilli flakes and a teaspoon of garlic powder, fried for a minute then added about 500gm dice lamb shoulder , again fried for a few minutes
I then added a tin of chopped tomatoes ,some black beans and about half a tub of sour cream and let it simmer for a few minutes before putting it in the oven on gas 3 for a couple of hours, until the liquids had reduced a bit, I then mixed in 1-2 teaspoons of cornflour, covered with foil and cooked again until the lamb was very tender

it tastes delicious , I've filled 2 wraps and sprinkled them with cheddar cheese ready for baking later , the rest I will have with rice later in the week

Back
Top Bottom