Google images help

Associate
Hi all, don't know if this is related to win10, google, mozilla firefox or what but I need some help. Both my win 7 and win 10 machines run firefox and both now have the same problem. If I search for an image and left click it normally get the choice of "view image" or "visit page" .. neither one of these buttons now work. I have to open a new tab using the image web site/page .. any ideas what's changed ?? It's not re-directing me to the wrong website/page .. it just will not open up anything using the two tabs ??

Soldato
have you tried a different browser like IE? this should already be on the PC's

I use IE here in windows 10 with no issues

Associate
OP
just tried IE and it is exactly the same ... so it must be either a google setting somewhere (I can't find it) or one in my anti virus software (Kaspersky) .. anybody got any clues please ...

Soldato
Are you logged into the same Google account on all browsers? Does it happen when you're not logged into Google? Sounds like something is blocking you, does Kaspersky install some sort of browser plugin?

Chrome go to:
Code:
chrome://plugins

Firefox go to menu button -> add-ons -> Plugins

IE go to menu -> manage add-ons -> toolbars and extensions

Have you tried Edge as well?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'll stick with Firefox for now. Went to plugins and addons and nothing in their for Kaspersky ... ok I think it's to do with google ... if I type in google search "dolphins" .. and select images .. choose an image (say http://science-all.com/dolphin.html) .. I get a choice of "visit page" or "view image" buttons ... neither of these will do anything. If I right click and choose "new tab" I get the following message:
The page you were on is trying to send you to http://science-all.com/dolphin.html.
If you do not want to visit that page, you can return to the previous page.
I then have to manually click the first option to get it to go to that page .. very time consuming and frustrating ..
If I click the padlock on the page address it says that parts of this site /page are not secure and I need to provide permissions ..
Now this goes for pretty much all sites I try and get on .. google UK, Overclockers, MSN, Sky TV ...

Back
Top Bottom