Microserver remote access

Associate
I've got a HP Microserver which is located up in the loft. It has VNC server installed for remote access, which is fine for most things, however you can't change Kaspersky. This means I have to disconnect it and bring it down to plug in a monitor and keyboard. Is there a way of directly connecting a laptop or iPad to the Microserver to act as a monitor and keyboard?

Soldato
G7s you can get a remote access card, G8 has iLO so just needs a cheap licence off ebay.

Advantage of either of these is you can see what they're doing at ANY time, not just when the OS has loaded.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried the Chrome remote desktop and it is locked out by Kaspersky the same as VNC. I've looked for the card for the Gen 7 unit and it doesn't appear to be available.

GDL

GDL

Associate
If you can't find one, use the time to get a Gen8 with the cash back deals. The Gen7's still sell well on some sites.

Associate
How do you mean by "Change" are you wanting to renew your license or remove the product?

Kaspersky will be protecting it's settings from being modified over a remote connection.

You haven't said what version you're running but this link explains how to add your remote access solution to a trusted zone. If it isn't the version you're running you may have to dig a little more.
Naturally you're going to have to hook up a monitor/keyboard to do it, but once done you should be golden.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm using KIS2016 at the moment and yes it does prove a problem when inputting the license number each year, but also general stuff like trying to add a programme to the trusted list.

I'll give TeamViewer a try, although from a quick Google it look as though it might be a bit hit and miss with Kaspersky.

If TeamViewer doesn't work then it may be time for an upgrade. The sites that were listing the remote card for the Gen 7 showed it costing around 50% of the cost of the Gen 8 (with cash back), so upgraded hardware and it guaranteed to work may be the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom